The Little Mermaid

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 10th, 2006, 5:11 pm

Wendy's Jane wrote:You know, I've been thinking about the "Little Mermaid III" clip, and I've been wondering if its even finished.

This movie has no release date as far as I know, yet they show us this "Complete" film clip that has animation that just doesn't look right somehow.
That's what I was thinkink as well :D actually hoping, why would they make a tackier looking movie than Little Mermaid II? I'm predicting its an early stage in the making of it. And your right, something isn't right, they look off model at times.
Wendy's Jane wrote: I don't know. With animation in the DTVs actually being pretty good overall in the last few years, would they really take such a major step down with this?
That's what I've been saying, but nobody cares about DTVs. In the last years they look almost as good as theatrical movies, ie Brother Bear II. So lets hope for the best, Disney's just doing it to surprise us, I bet :wink: They wouldn't take that major of a step down, than again Huchback II anyone?
Last edited by Daniel on October 10th, 2006, 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 10th, 2006, 5:17 pm

Wendy's Jane wrote:
as well actually I'm just hoping, why would they make a tackier looking movie than Little Mermaid II? I'm predicting its an early stage in the making of it. And your right, something isn't right, they looke off model at times.

I don't think I wrote that. ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 10th, 2006, 5:20 pm

Oh, that was before I edited my post Wendy's Jane :D It was an accident.
Last edited by Daniel on October 10th, 2006, 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 10th, 2006, 5:23 pm

Not to worry. ;)

However, I actually kinda like "Little Mermaid II". It has its flaws, but I think it's a cute movie overall.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 10th, 2006, 5:30 pm

Wendy's Jane wrote:Not to worry. ;)

However, I actually kinda like "Little Mermaid II". It has its flaws, but I think it's a cute movie overall.
Aww thanks :)

And I really want to love Little Mermaid II, but I can't stand Morgana! She was annoying and very unatractive . And Im also aware its the same voice actor as Ursula :wink:, but Disney did something to her voice, I just don't know what ^^

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 10th, 2006, 5:33 pm

No, she just threw her own voice so that she wouldn't sound just like Ursula. I doubt that Disney did anything to alter it.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 10th, 2006, 7:37 pm

Wendy's Jane wrote:No, she just threw her own voice so that she wouldn't sound just like Ursula. I doubt that Disney did anything to alter it.
^^ oh that's what I was meaning to get across :), Disney asked for her to sound different, and boy was it different. Does anyone think Ursula will be in the prequel? That would be awesome! But if not, at least someones who's a real meanie :D

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 10th, 2006, 10:47 pm

Basically, the animation has been outsourced and is being done in Japan, si it's not the Australian crew, which has been getting better and better.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 10th, 2006, 11:02 pm

Well, if DWs does go south, I think JK would rather end up under Bob Iger at Disney rather than have to end up running DWA under Paramount and essentially end up making Nickelodeon features
Um...JK making Nickelodean pictures??????

Oh dear G-d. Please Lord, DO NOT let that come to pass!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :(

I'd rather shoot an arrow through my skull than subject myself to a Nick picture. (unless it's Harriet the Spy) No offense Nick fans. It's just never been my taste.*

*(except for the Spongebob movie of course, and Barnyard. :) )

(It's roughly like Walt Disney, Don Bluth, Brad Bird--take your pick-- being forced to make Rankin-Bass or Filmation films. Which is kind of what happened to Bluth, but....let's not go there! :) )

:roll:

Plus, sorry to do this again but, just wanted to highlight what this one cool person on the TAG blog said: (Anonymously)

"I was surprised, too...but that's the kind of a guy JK is. He's clearly extremely proud(as he should be)of having worked with and on the Mermaid crew and that extends to the virtually unprecedented act of appearing on a his main competitor's DVD release. I think he would have gladly done it in Eisner's time--but I doubt that Eisner would have let him. Anyway, that's moot now.

Btw I have never heard Jeffrey say anything but positive and admiring things about all his talented competitors(artists) from both the other major studios, btw. Which frankly bespeaks a lot of class."

(I also thought it was funny that he said back then, when they thought Ariel should be a redhead: "But everyone knows Mermaids are supposed to be blonde!")

:) :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 11th, 2006, 12:53 am

Like SV said, I really wouldn't want that to happen as well. If DW does go south lets hope for another Disney merg :wink: BTW, I'm a huge Nick fan (I know shocking :roll:) Though I haven't see Barnyard, but since you seem to like it, I'm sure ill love it :)

And for those examples, I completly agree with you :D Kudos, to thinking of them :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 11th, 2006, 1:58 am

And for those examples, I completly agree with you Kudos, to thinking of them
Aw, thanks. :wink: :) I love Harriet the Spy! (I think that was the very first "Nick movie"! :o )
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 11th, 2006, 2:18 am

Your welcome :) and I to like Harriet The Spy, but I haven't seen it in such a long time :roll: and I don't know if was the first Nick movie, but I imagine it would be.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 11th, 2006, 4:47 am

and I don't know if was the first Nick movie, but I imagine it would be.
I'm pretty sure it was...they advertised it as such when they released it. :)

(Michelle Trachtenberg was so little....AGES and AGES before "Europtrip" :shock: Wow, time does go by. :? )

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 11th, 2006, 12:24 pm

Eurotrip... hmmmmmm.... ;)

And you liked <I>BARNYARD</I>???? :shock:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 11th, 2006, 3:01 pm

Ben wrote: And you liked <I>BARNYARD</I>???? :shock:
Is there something wrong with it? Or just because its another animal flick :wink: