Transformers

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Locall » June 30th, 2009, 4:55 pm

It sure is a hit, it's already made 419,350,220 which is amazing.
you know what else is amazing? 20% @ RottenTomatoes, wow!

j/k Pirates 2 and 3 also made loads of money, but Pirates 1 is still considered the best.
I never saw Transformers 1, but my friend told me it was amazing, so I'd love to see that one, she regreted seeing Revenge of the Fallen though.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » July 2nd, 2009, 11:24 pm

Finally saw Revenge of the Fallen today and I must say I was very impressed. I agree that it is a little on the long side, but aside from that, everything I felt could have been better in the first film was much improved here from a better story to more coherent action scenes to seeing the bots front and center (I felt like they were secondary characters in their own movie the first time round). All in all, this is the Transformers movie I wanted to see and I think it deserves every dollar it's made so far. By the way, did anyone else notice the Bad Boys 2 poster in Sam's dorm room? Neat little easter egg there.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » July 7th, 2009, 12:41 am

Locall wrote: The storyline was a mess, it kept going on and on and on, it felt like even more than 2,5 hours.
The film had no heart at all... I didn't feel the slightest emotion when something bad happened...
I just saw it, and also thought it was horrendous. I was going to explain why, but you seem to have the exact same reasons as I did. :wink:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 9th, 2009, 5:56 am

Just because a film is a theatrical hit doesn't mean it's any good or that people are liking it.

I have yet to see it, and have heard how bad it is, but I will still likely go, and I will still likely think it's just as noisy and pointless as the first one. But that's still my $10 (or whatever) contriobuting to the overall take.

Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull made a heap of money at the box-office. Everyone went to see it as the "must-see" film of last summer. But when it came out on DVD the word had gotten around that it just wasn't very good, and the sales were well below expectations. I'm going to guess that sales for T2:ROTF will be strong with cinephiles and those buying on Blu-ray, but that the DVD sales will be average at best.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Rodney » July 9th, 2009, 9:26 am

I think in both cases, these are films parents do not mind seeing with their children, which could drive up ticket sales. I know of several parents who took their child to T2:ROTF and to Indiana Jones last year. They don't mind the movie as much and it usually keeps kids entertained.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » July 10th, 2009, 1:02 am

Yeah, the only reason I saw this was because my nine year old brother wanted to see it. It's funny how many young children are being taken to see this film, considering it's not entirely kid-friendly with all the profanity and innuendo.

AV Team
AV Team

Transformers 3

Post by Dan » May 5th, 2010, 6:32 pm

Well, with the second film grossing over $400 million in North America alone, it was inevitable that DreamWorks and Hasbro would greenlight a third film. And yes, essentially all the principles are back. This includes Michael Bay as director and Megan Fox as the film's leading lady. It seems issues between the two have been patched up and were already starting to film her scenes in Los Angeles over the weekend.

- Courtesy of SciFi Media

There's been a lot of rumors as to who will be joining the cast, but what can be confirmed is that Patrick Dempsey will be playing the boss of Fox's character. Also added to the cast include John Malkovich, Frances MacDormand, and Ken Jeong. There's talk of Jamie Kennedy added to the cast, but this has yet to be confirmed. At the rate they're moving, expect the film to be out in time for summer 2011.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 7th, 2010, 10:24 am

Hopefully this will be the last time we need to sit through 2.5 hours of noise and senseless plot that does nothing to...ahem..."transform" the movies past some of them being nothing more than brainless wastes of time.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re:

Post by EricJ » May 7th, 2010, 12:48 pm

IOW, now that TF2 officially got its public Razzie as The Worst Major-Studio Movie of '09, will #3 be more of a "Post-apology sequel"?--
Ie., where it was already greenlit on box office before the reviews hit, and now they can't justify "the public wants to see it" but they can't lose face by dropping it either, so they try for publicizing "Don't worry, audience, we'll FIX our mistakes because you demanded it!", like the Fantastic Four sequel?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Transformers 3

Post by Locall » May 7th, 2010, 2:25 pm

T2 was the worst 2,5 hours spend of my life :shock: such a drag!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » May 19th, 2010, 7:26 pm

Looks like Megan Fox isn't returning after all.

Courtesy of Deadline

I've just learned that Paramount won't be picking up Megan Fox's option on Transformers 3 -- and that it was "ultimately" director Michael Bay's decision. (So he gets his revenge for her remark comparing him to "Hitler".) Right now Bay and writer Ehren Kruger et al are finishing up the script for the threequel and "giving Shia a new love interest makes more sense for the story," an insider tells me. Bay will start casting immediately for the new female co-star. Let's hear your suggestions, readers...

So did Megan deserve to get fired? I say yes. No actor/actress can expect to go around dissing a director and expect to work together as if nothing happened. Much less the egotistical Bay. But in Fox, he had met his match. Why, as recently as this week Megan was quoted as dissing Bay yet again. In recent months she has shown off a more natural skin hue instead of her usual orange color -- and blamed the Transformers helmer for her unhealthy tanning binge. "I had been tanning a lot so that Michael would be happy with my skin tone. Every spare moment of sun that was outside, I had to be in it," the 24-year-old actress lamented in Allure magazine. "It's not going to happen again because of the damage and the possible skin cancer."

This is without doubt a huge blow to Megan's career, already damaged by her inability to open Twentieth's Fox Atomic film Jennifer's Body last September. The R-rated feminist horror flick did a pathetic $6.8M weekend for a script by Juno's Diablo Cody for a domestic total of only $16.2M and a worldwide take of just $31.5M. And talk about bad timing: right now she's doing publicity for her role in Jonah Hex to be released June 18th. Guess what everyone will ask her?

Nevertheless, my news today comes a shocker because back in October Bay announced that he had scheduled Transformers 3 for July 1st, 2011, and made a point to archly warn Megan personally about the rigors of this new installment:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » May 20th, 2010, 3:41 am

Lord Akiyama wrote:This is without doubt a huge blow to Megan's career, already damaged by her inability to open Twentieth's Fox Atomic film Jennifer's Body last September. The R-rated feminist horror flick did a pathetic $6.8M weekend for a script by Juno's Diablo Cody for a domestic total of only $16.2M and a worldwide take of just $31.5M. And talk about bad timing: right now she's doing publicity for her role in Jonah Hex to be released June 18th. Guess what everyone will ask her?
"That was you, in that other Juno flop?...Huh. :? "

(Hey, I didn't know she was in it either; I'd always taken that so much as 'Diablo''s official entry into One-Hit-Wonderhood, that the star was overshadowed)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » May 20th, 2010, 4:03 am

Just asking the obvious question - when was the photo taken that appears in this thread. I thought that photo was used to prove she was in the movie. Either way I don't really care just as long as Sam's parents are still present (yeah yeah I'm in the minority). Oh and Bay I would prefer if you only intoruced a couple of new robots, that way at least I'll remember them and not get totally confused with who is who - if you bring in new robots let's see them as real robots not just as a vehicle.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » May 20th, 2010, 1:48 pm

Bill1978 wrote:Either way I don't really care just as long as Sam's parents are still present (yeah yeah I'm in the minority).
Oh, dear lordy, are you EVER--
So, I'll throw the question out for the rest of you folks for illustration: What was the one thing that first officially sank TF2 for you?
The robots? The action scenes? The college sidekicks? Do you have a feeling you know where I'm taking this question? :mrgreen:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » May 20th, 2010, 8:40 pm

For me? The moment after Sideswipe says "Damn I'm good", I knew it was going to be a long two hours.. :roll:

I still resent my brother for making me go see that godawful movie.