Meet The Robinsons

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 30th, 2006, 2:38 pm

Wow - I, like, totally got Vi to change her opinion on Syndrome! Cool! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 30th, 2006, 2:58 pm

Weird...I remember this being a thread for "Meet the Robinsons", not "The Incredibles".

Back on topic?...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » March 30th, 2006, 3:05 pm

I don't think Disney's been quite as "off the map" as people like to make out. Things always go up and down. Don't get too depressed about any seeming down period because it's going to go up again. Don't get too excited about any up period because it's going to go down again. I think every film released in Disney's "slump" has some redeeming qualities, if not many. No, I don't think Chicken Little is as good as Beauty and the Beast but I still kind of like it. I don't think Treasure Planet's as good as Aladdin but I still like it in its own way. I don't even think The Incredibles is as good as Little Mermaid but I still like The Incredibles (yes, I know Incredibles is Pixar).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 30th, 2006, 3:29 pm

Personally, I don't think this 'slump' is as bad as the one in the 80's.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » March 30th, 2006, 3:48 pm

Good point. And people still like the 80's films. I don't think I've ever even seen Black Cauldron, Basil of Baker Street, or Oliver and Company. Watched Fox and the Hound recently from Netflix but don't think I saw it in the theater.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 30th, 2006, 4:33 pm

I think Basil of Baker Street was renamed The Mouse Detective.

I used to watch that movie a bunch as a kid.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » March 30th, 2006, 5:06 pm

Yes, it was. But John Musker prefers to call it Basil of Baker Street so that's what I call it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by chernabog » March 30th, 2006, 5:07 pm

Yeah I don't think Disney is making bad films and they've got a long way to go to hit the lows of The Black Cauldron. (Course, being a Disney obsessive, I still quite like that film). They may not be consistent but they take more risks than any other studio and that's why I love 'em. I'd rather have medicore movies with original ideas than the same old story over and over again. It would be interesting to see everyone's ratings for the Disney films beginning from the early 90's. Dunno why, I'm just really bored.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » March 30th, 2006, 5:19 pm

*runs and hides from spears*

The Incredibles doesn't show anyone die on screen but we cerainly see the body of Gazerbeam and see all the other supers that Syndrome has "terminated." I think the movie also effectivly installs fear over the family when the missiles are chasing the plane - even if it's just through Bob's very evident fear. Either way I think it thoroughly varifies Syndrome as a villain and in true Brad Bird fashion, we don't have to watch him kill them. As for no people on the street I think that made it more realistic for me. People don't stand around gawking at something obviously dangerous like that. Look at 9/11, sure they watched as the towers burned but as soon as they started to go down they scrambled and hid inside of other buildings until the danger passed. Besides - the bot had effectively eliminated millitary and media on the scene before the family ever got there.

But I'm off topic so..... *runs and checks what topic this actually is*

Ahh yes Meet the Robinsons. Actually it's not that I don't like the bowler hat guy he actually looks like a cool character. He just didnt fit in with what I was thinking would be the style this movie has. I have alot of assumptions I've built about this movie from rumors but really still dont know much about the actual plot.
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sullivan » March 30th, 2006, 7:11 pm

Christian wrote:Yes, it was. But John Musker prefers to call it Basil of Baker Street so that's what I call it.
And I prefer to call John Musker "Stilty McStringbean."

With his sidekick, "Crazyhair McDoodlepants," they roam the country wooing women and solving crimes.

...Or so I've been told by Alohashirt McHappymeal.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » March 30th, 2006, 7:23 pm

Okay.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 30th, 2006, 7:30 pm

Wow - I, like, totally got Vi to change her opinion on Syndrome! Cool!
Yeah....sometimes I totally "flip-flop" on stuff! :wink:

I still like Syndrome though.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 30th, 2006, 9:14 pm

...Or so I've been told by Alohashirt McHappymeal.
Wild guess here...Is 'Alohashirt McHappymeal John Lasseter?
Besides - the bot had effectively eliminated millitary and media on the scene before the family ever got there.
Huh. Never thought about that.
Ahh yes Meet the Robinsons. Actually it's not that I don't like the bowler hat guy he actually looks like a cool character. He just didnt fit in with what I was thinking would be the style this movie has.
I think you're right about that. He looks SOOO cool but I'm not sure how he would fit in. Then again, I don't really know what the story is about so I guess it's not my place to make assumptions already.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » March 30th, 2006, 9:54 pm

Exactly, that's why I'm so curious about the plot and retooling and all that stuff. The villain in MTR right now based on what the movie seems like to me would be like throwing SpongeBob in the middle of Finding Nemo. Both are cool, they just don't belong together.
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 30th, 2006, 10:32 pm

And I prefer to call John Musker "Stilty McStringbean."

With his sidekick, "Crazyhair McDoodlepants," they roam the country wooing women and solving crimes.
LOL! You're so funny Sully. :) :D
*runs and hides from spears*

The Incredibles doesn't show anyone die on screen but we cerainly see the body of Gazerbeam and see all the other supers that Syndrome has "terminated."
I don't know...it kinda makes you wonder how Syndrome could have killed all those Supers when he had so much trouble just getting rid of Mr. Incredible. Must have been their capes.... :wink:

"NO CAPES!!!"

:P

NAGGING POINT: Plus, didn't Syndrome invent powerful weapons to sell to countries? Why didn't he just use those to get rid of the Supers? Why'd he use an inept robot that a Super would easily get by? Well, maybe he wanted it to be a "challenge."
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!