Meet The Robinsons

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sullivan » March 23rd, 2007, 10:25 am

I think the reason the advertising uses the caffiene patch joke is that the joke "works" (to the extent that it does work) outside of the movie. You don't have to know the characters or much of a set up to get that joke. As such, it's not as satisfying a joke as most of the humor in the movie.

It works better in the movie than in the advertising, imho. In the advertising it gives a stronger impression that it's the whole movie. In the movie, you've had time to settle in.

Don't worry about Bowler Hat Guy. He's being saved for the movie.

:wink:

Best Disney villian since Cruella, if not better. :twisted:

John Lasseter didn't hurt anything in the movie. Rather quite the opposite. You've been reading those rumor blogs again!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bullwinkle » March 23rd, 2007, 1:39 pm

Check out this cool review

http://www.thisisbasingstoke.co.uk/most ... sons_u.php

And check out YahooMovies they have some movie clips.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809417093/trailer

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sullivan » March 23rd, 2007, 7:38 pm

Rob Thomas' song "Little Wonders" is now available as a single on the iTunes store.

Clicking on the link below will launch iTunes if you have it, and you can listen to a snippet for free, or buy it.

(I recommend just listening to it and buying the whole album next week. Elfman's score is AMAZING!!!)

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSt ... 9&s=143441

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » March 23rd, 2007, 7:46 pm

I don't have iTunes, so I'll have to wait .. but I am looking forward to the release of Danny Elfman's score, as much as the movie itself! :D

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » March 23rd, 2007, 9:05 pm

Thanks for the notice, Sullivan! :)

As it turns out, you can also hear the entire song at Thomas' MySpace page, his official website and AOL Music.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 23rd, 2007, 9:35 pm

Ooh, I love that song! Thanks for the link, Josh! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sullivan » March 23rd, 2007, 9:52 pm

I think the CD doesn't include all of Elfman's score.

Crew got a nice gift from Steve Anderson and Dorothy McKim. The entire elfman score... every single note of it.

I'd check ebay.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » March 23rd, 2007, 10:44 pm

Thanks for the tip, Sullivan! :)

I had to do the same thing with Toy Story 2 .. the Pixar 'cast & crew' CD had way more music than the commercial release (and much niftier packaging, to boot).

There hasn't been much MTR stuff on eBay, yet .. mostly Pez dispensers and pins, so far .. but with the movie one week away, I'm sure that's about to change! :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 23rd, 2007, 11:35 pm

If it were still like the old days, McDonalds would right now have happy meal toys of MTR. :(

How I would've loved a Tiny toy!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » March 23rd, 2007, 11:50 pm

Those are the old days? :shock:

When I was a little kid, McDonald's didn't even have "Happy Meals," yet. (sounds like a 'grandpa's tale' .. but it's true) :lol:

Bit of trivia: the first animated feature film to have a "Happy Meal" tie-in campaign was the Bluth/Spielberg/Universal film, An American Tail. It was such a resounding promotional success, that Disney (then in its early Eisner-era) quickly secured exclusive "Happy Meal" rights for their own future animated films.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bullwinkle » March 24th, 2007, 1:30 am

cool, i did not know that

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 24th, 2007, 2:08 am

Well, any day that's not today is old, isn't? Yeah, silly rebuttal, but I got nothing! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by chernabog » March 24th, 2007, 4:43 am

I'm off to see MTR in less than two hours!!! I am sooo excited about this film! I'll tell you what I think this evening...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 24th, 2007, 11:09 am

I had Happy Meals as a kid, BUT, they were in those old non-recycled cardboard boxes with the handles (loved those) that have been abolished since....:(

(Also, remember those styrofoam boxes that were also done away with? I miss those! :( )
Bit of trivia: the first animated feature film to have a "Happy Meal" tie-in campaign was the Bluth/Spielberg/Universal film, An American Tail. It was such a resounding promotional success, that Disney (then in its early Eisner-era) quickly secured exclusive "Happy Meal" rights for their own future animated films.
Yes, you're right! :) I think Oliver and Company was the first one that had a Happy Meal, right? I just saw some Oliver Happy Meal toys for sale on line somewhere. :wink:

(Oh no wait...it might have been Bambi or Cinderella....when those were re-released, McD's did have a thing going on then...:wink:)

Speaking of which, does anyone remember this commercial? I swear I haven't seen it in, like, AGES!!! :shock:

Ah! Here's the Oliver one!! :)

You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by chernabog » March 24th, 2007, 12:24 pm

WOW! I finaly saw it! And my verdict...? Disney is back!

Firstly, the animation is to die for. Incredibly emotive and fluid it's a joy to behold. Then we have the villain Bowler Hat Guy, an absolutely brilliant character who provies some of the film's biggest laughs.

Speaking of comedy, this film has it in bucket loads. Some incredibly funny dialogue and visual gags and not a pop culture reference in sight. Well there is one involving Tom Selleck but it's also the most bizarre and brlliant gag not only in the film but quite possibly in anything you'll see this year.

The characters are brilliantly rounded and there are quite a few touching moments throughout. The Robinsons themselves are a true delight although I'd have preferred to have spent a bit more time with them.

Add to that a cracking score, some catchy tunes and a pe-credits epilogue that literally gave me shivers and you have one heck of a great movie.

4/5