Ninja Turtles CGI Movie

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » December 9th, 2006, 11:37 am

Well, I wanted to see it, but then again, I didn't want to see it, so I watched it with no sound. (I do that a lot with trailers, for some reason.)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » December 9th, 2006, 12:02 pm

Meg wrote:Well, I wanted to see it, but then again, I didn't want to see it, so I watched it with no sound. (I do that a lot with trailers, for some reason.)
Sounds like good compromise. ;)

I can say it does get better with repeat viewings. Just so long as I ignore the belch. The jokes get funnier just because you start to get that they're doing the lame brother-to-brother joking around.

I just can't wait to see it in Quicktime - I have some desktop pictures in mind already. :) And I want to watch it frame-by-frame... there's actually a ton of action buried in that trailer, in a bunch of second-long (or shorter) clips. Apparently Raph's getting his butt kicked in some kind of cage? Intense.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » December 9th, 2006, 12:57 pm

Ooh, you watch trailers frame-by-frame as well? I get a kick out of that.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » December 10th, 2006, 10:31 pm

Meg wrote:Ooh, you watch trailers frame-by-frame as well? I get a kick out of that.
If they're animated, yes. :D I have the QT version of the teaser saved on my compy, and have gone through it several times that way. Heh.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Groaning » December 11th, 2006, 12:05 pm

This movie doesn't interest me at all.
Meet the Robinsons looks so much better.
[img]http://www.pixarplanet.com/images/rat.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » December 12th, 2006, 8:00 pm

http://pdl.warnerbros.com/wbmovies/tmnt ... er_500.mov

Quicktime version. I suppose apple.com will get the HD version eventually, but in the meantime I found this link.
Groaning wrote:This movie doesn't interest me at all.
Meet the Robinsons looks so much better.
Conversely, I'm only mildly interested in MTR. Funny, that. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » December 13th, 2006, 3:38 pm

And I happen to be greatly interested in both! :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » December 21st, 2006, 3:09 am

Voice cast news from http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/...es-cover_x.htm !

April - Sarah Michelle Gellar
Casey - Chris Evans
Karai - Zhang Ziyi
Max Winters (villain) - Patrick Stewart
Kevin Smith also has a cameo role.

And then remember the late Mako, who will be voicing Splinter... not looking too shabby so far!

The voices for the Turtles themselves haven't been revealed yet... still waiting for that. *impatient* According to the director, however, they will be career voice actors instead of celebrities.

There are also a couple new screenshots in the article - I find the group picture to be interesting because you can see they bothered to make the four Turtles subtly different. Look at the contrast between Michelangelo and Raphael, for example. Compared to his little brother, Raph is really built! Mikey seems to be the lightest of the four, and Don's just a little more muscular that he is (based on his shoulders). With Leo, it's hard to tell. Their heads are also slightly different in shape. I like that a lot. Like in the live action movie, it shows they weren't so cheap as to just duplicate the same model four times with different colored masks. :)

EDIT: Oh, another note... some news sites have been passing it on that Marco Beltrami has been replaced by Klaus Badelt as the composer for the score. I don't have an official source for that, unfortunately. TMNT is in Klaus Badelt's credits on IMDB, but we all know how reliable that site is for pre-release news. I'll see what I can dig up, though.

EDIT-EDIT: Ah, looks like I was ninja'd by the front page. S'okay - that's its job, right? ;)

EDIT^3: A cool new poster image. Plus, the same pictures that were in the USATODAY article, but not cropped: http://www.superherohype.com/news/tmntnews.php?id=5039

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » January 12th, 2007, 1:26 pm

OK, back... for a double post. :?

It's been reported on the official site that Klaus Badelt will indeed be scoring TMNT.

I know nobody really cares but me, but there ya go. :P

Also: there are some pretty sweet new images that have been released, probably without permission. The director has confirmed that a lot of them are unfinished (some lack proper shadows, reflections) but they're looking dang nice anyways. The textures look great, and the story, while dealing with monsters, seems also to pay a lot of attention to the Turtles' family dynamic. I'll see what I can do about getting some of my favorites up for y'all to see. ;)

Also also: Two of the Turtle's voice actors have been confirmed! Not officially, but on their sites

James A. Taylor will be voicing Leonardo, and
Mikey Kelly will be Michelangelo.

While we still aren't quite sure, some believe it's a pretty safe bet that

Quinton Flynn will be Donatello and
Tino Insana will voice Raphael.

For all of you voice actor nuts out there. :P
Last edited by YCougar on January 12th, 2007, 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 12th, 2007, 1:46 pm

I like Badelt's stuff, 'specially his underrated score for the underrated "The Time Machine".

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 12th, 2007, 4:59 pm

Saw the trailer a little while back.

Yep, they've certainly got the "Comic Book" feel nailed.

However, I seriously wonder how much money this one's gonna make. The turtles are kinda old news.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 12th, 2007, 7:09 pm

It's been reported on the official site that Klaus Badelt will indeed be scoring TMNT.
Badelts' stuff is pretty cool. I'll give the soundtrack a look when it comes out. :)
However, I seriously wonder how much money this one's gonna make. The turtles are kinda old news.
I think it all depends on how they market it, and seeing how it's WB that will be handling that part of it, I'm worried. Hopefully they learned a thing or two from Happy Feet?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » January 12th, 2007, 9:28 pm

There still is a newer TMNT cartoon, so it's not quite "old news." And it was actually a very good cartoon at that, until they decided to dumb it down and kiddify it this new season... which completely ruined it. So much so that I didn't watch past the first three episodes. It's not the same show, more like a bad fanfiction set in the future. *dies a little inside*

And yes, I'm more than a little irritated at WB's lack of advertising. Nobody's going to see the movie if they don't know about it... and I keep running across people who didn't even know there was one coming out, let alone when.
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/ninja_otter/SKsignature.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » January 26th, 2007, 12:59 am

http://www.superherohype.com/news/tmntnews.php?id=5133

I thought this was an interesting interview. I swear, the closer it gets to March 23, the more excited I'm getting for this movie. The (junior) novelization has been released, and based on the reactions of fellow TMNT fans who broke down and read it, we're in for a treat. They say the characters are being handled nicely - what made me the happiest was the assurance the Michelangelo doesn't appear to be too over-the-top, based on the book.

I continue to try and beat my expectations down, though. I want to be wowed rather than disappointed. Visually they already have me - just the lighting for this thing is beautiful, even if I'm still not in love with the human designs.

EDIT: The HD version of the second trailer is now up at Apple.com, by the way... can't wait to see this thing on the big screen.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 28th, 2007, 12:11 pm

For some reason, I had a dream about this movie the other night. Something about Patrick Stewart's character trying to put a spell on me. Yeah. I really am nuts.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."