Over The Hedge

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 30th, 2006, 3:31 pm

The positive reviews this has been getting are very reassuring - the trailers didn't do much for me.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 30th, 2006, 6:58 pm

YAYYYYYYYY POSITIVE REVIEWS FOR DW!! :D

How refreshing... :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 30th, 2006, 9:18 pm

Hey, Shrek 2 got positive reviews, didn't it? *checks RottenTomatoes* Yes...89%...Not too shabby, eh?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 30th, 2006, 10:56 pm

I hope Over the Hedge gets 100%. :)

SharkTale was like 30%, Madagascar was around 45%? Both "rotten" accroding to RT. Oh please.... :roll:

When Sinbad came out I told everyone I knew to go see it, but it still did badly.... :(

Oh well, I'll give it another shot this time. :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 31st, 2006, 6:30 pm

Both "Shrek" films were among the best reviewed films of the year when they came out.

And, ShyVi, you can't expect EVERYONE to like a movie. The only film I can think of that got a 100% fresh rating at RT was "Spider-Man 2" (though this might have changed since I last checked the site).
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 31st, 2006, 7:04 pm

And, ShyVi, you can't expect EVERYONE to like a movie.
Yeah, I know. I was just kidding. :P

But OTH is getting a lot of good buzz. YAY! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 31st, 2006, 7:56 pm

Both "Toy Stories" got 100%. Spider-man 2 got somewhere in between 80% and 90% Coincidently, I’m watching it as I type. Ha ha, Doc Oc is such a koo-koo…

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 31st, 2006, 8:23 pm

Ha ha, Doc Oc is such a koo-koo…
He's cool. But I expected him to be more "evil". He was evil but it was a lot like: "Oh, the poor guy is all mixed up, it's the inhibitor chip, not his fault..." Then he sacrifices his life at the end. Kinda lame....

They had the same pathos with Green Goblin, but there at least it was a (very violent) fight to the death. :roll:

Also, if you read the paperback novel by Peter David, supposadly it was realizing Peter was Spider-Man that drives Harry over the edge and makes him turn to evil. He basically loses touch with reality after that.
Even in the film, during MJ's wedding, you see Harry for a sec, and he looks a bit crazy already. :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 31st, 2006, 8:33 pm

Ramie doesn't like his villains to be all 100% evil - he said he likes to show the human side of them to.

I haven't read the novelized version of the second film, but I'd like to as I really enjoyed the first.

(Edit: I've fond more to rant about)

One of the reasons Spider-Man was so different than other superheroes back in the day was because he often used his brains to get out of sticky situations rather than punching the villain into a pulp. While we got a fight in the first one, we got Peter using his brains in the second. See?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 1st, 2006, 11:29 pm

Ramie doesn't like his villains to be all 100% evil - he said he likes to show the human side of them to.
Yup...that's why he rules...Have you seen "Darkman"? That's an early film of his.
While we got a fight in the first one, we got Peter using his brains in the second. See?
Yeah, I get your point. I still wish Doc Ock had been a little scarier though... :?

Wait, is Ramie even doing Spidey III?
I haven't read the novelized version of the second film, but I'd like to as I really enjoyed the first
Peter David's a good writer. I WISH he'd done the Batman Begins novel
instead of the awful book that got produced instead... :x

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » April 2nd, 2006, 4:13 am

I liked Over the Hedge.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 2nd, 2006, 8:38 am

Wait, is Ramie even doing Spidey III?
Yes.
I liked Over the Hedge.
The trailers were a turn-off for me, but all the positive feed-back it's been getting has really got me pepped up for this.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 2nd, 2006, 4:26 pm

Speaking of "Spider-Man 3", has anyone else heard that we're supposed to get a teaser trailer for it this August?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 2nd, 2006, 4:56 pm

Yes, I have! Can't wait.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 20th, 2006, 11:48 pm

Isn't this coming out very soon? (I mean OTH)

Has there been any news about it lately?