Fantasia

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 17th, 2006, 11:42 pm

I saw the one on the Mermaid DVD! I loved it!!!! :) :) SOOOOO BEAUTIFUL AND SWEET!!! And wonderfully animated.

BTW James, you were right to be apprehensive because the ending is VERY sad, not really for little kids. It could upset them. (I saw the Japanese animated version of the Little Mermaid when I was 9, and she dies in the end. I still haven't gotten over it! :? :P )
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 18th, 2006, 9:24 am

Isn't this breaking some kind of copyright?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » October 18th, 2006, 10:17 am

I didn't watch it (didn't want to spoiler it for myself), but I assumed it was a trailer or something. Is it the full short? If so then yes let's pull the plug.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Nakkle » October 18th, 2006, 12:54 pm

Yeah, it's the full short. I just happened to run across it at that web site, couldn't believe it.
If you can't put it up, you should let people know it's on the little mermaid dvd, though. The shorts definitly worth it

And yes, it's a sad short.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 18th, 2006, 1:11 pm

Okay, well, we have publicised this enough as being on the disc, and we even have a thread for it here:
http://www.animated-news.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1449

I tried downloading the video to see what it was and it crashed my system, so there's something wrong with it.

It lasted 6:20, which is about the length of the short. As it breaches Disney's copyright, I've deleted the link and closed this thread.

GeorgeC

Disney Blu-ray plans...including FANTASIA updates

Post by GeorgeC » August 28th, 2008, 11:07 pm

Thank you, Digital Bits for this news!

"Disney has just offered more official details on their forthcoming slate of Platinum edition classic animated titles on Blu-ray Disc. Pinocchio, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Fantasia, Fantasia 2000 and Beauty and the Beast are all in the works. According to the studio's press release, "Each will be available for a limited time only, in new multi-disc sets featuring rarely seen footage and an array of new bonus features." Obviously, the Sleeping Beauty: 50th Anniversary Platinum Edition will debut on Blu-ray on 10/7 here in the States, timed with the U.S. launch of Disney's BD-Live Network. The Pinocchio: Platinum Edition will debut on Blu-ray in the spring of 2009. The Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: Platinum Edition will follow in the fall of 2009, and will debut Disney's BD-Live Network worldwide. The Fantasia: Platinum Edition and Fantasia 2000: Platinum Edition will both arrive on Blu-ray Disc in early to mid-2010. Some of you may have wondered why Destino (the unfinished animated feature collaboration between Walt Disney and painter Salvador Dali) was delayed from its originally announced DVD debut as part of the current wave of Walt Disney Treasures titles. This is why: It's now set to arrive on disc (hopefully, on both DVD and Blu-ray) at the same time as the Fantasia Blu-rays in 2010. Finally, the Beauty in the Beast: Platinum Edition will arrive on Blu-ray Disc in the fall of 2010. Disney has just offered more official details on their forthcoming slate of Platinum edition classic animated titles on Blu-ray Disc. Pinocchio, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Fantasia, Fantasia 2000 and Beauty and the Beast are all in the works. According to the studio's press release, "Each will be available for a limited time only, in new multi-disc sets featuring rarely seen footage and an array of new bonus features." Obviously, the Sleeping Beauty: 50th Anniversary Platinum Edition will debut on Blu-ray on 10/7 here in the States, timed with the U.S. launch of Disney's BD-Live Network. The Pinocchio: Platinum Edition will debut on Blu-ray in the spring of 2009. The Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: Platinum Edition will follow in the fall of 2009, and will debut Disney's BD-Live Network worldwide. The Fantasia: Platinum Edition and Fantasia 2000: Platinum Edition will both arrive on Blu-ray Disc in early to mid-2010. Some of you may have wondered why Destino (the unfinished animated feature collaboration between Walt Disney and painter Salvador Dali) was delayed from its originally announced DVD debut as part of the current wave of Walt Disney Treasures titles. This is why: It's now set to arrive on disc (hopefully, on both DVD and Blu-ray) at the same time as the Fantasia Blu-rays in 2010. Finally, the Beauty in the Beast: Platinum Edition will arrive on Blu-ray Disc in the fall of 2010. "

Best stuff I've heard about Disney home video in a long time. (And no sequels, too, other than F2K!) I wouldn't mind if they double-dipped and released some of the old laserdisc exclusives as well as anything found from artists' estates and poking around in the Studio Archive.

I just hope they don't go crazy on the digital restorations and erase line detail and film grain.

I'm most interested in Pinocchio and Destino since pretty much everything else has had a two-disc release on DVD.

I just hope Disney listens to the hardcore fans and doesn't solely aim the second disc at the kiddies and forget that people do want art development, cut scenes, and documentaries on the making of these films... The Blu-Rays really deserve to be treated more like the deluxe LD boxes.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » August 28th, 2008, 11:25 pm

I'm hoping a Tarzan blu-ray will be in the works, shortly after these titles see release (don't get me wrong; I'm very glad to see many of their early 'classic' titles coming so quickly!)

I saw Tarzan in a DLP presentation during its theatrical release .. and it has still stuck with me -- nearly ten years later -- as the most gorgeous digitally-projected film I've yet seen. It should look absolutely amazing on blu-ray.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 29th, 2008, 6:53 am

George got so excited he posted the Bits blurb twice!

This is pretty good news, but I do hope Disney sees Blu-ray as a collectors' medium. It's true that news like this will see more families buy into the format, but it will always remain a cinephile experience for the most part. People with families buying these discs aren't going to let their kids roam about the house with these things.

Hopefully, these Blu discs will be the definitive, end of say on the matter, but they won't be. Just as Sleeping Beauty's bonus package looks weak (where's all the stuff from the LD and the previous DVD...why isn't the Blu packing it all in as the final, definitive package?), it's clear they're looking to double dip again in future.

Shame...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » August 29th, 2008, 7:48 am

I've just noticed that they're still referring to these releases as 'Platinum Edition' titles. I'd figured they'd be up to 'Titanium Edition' by now .. :wink: :lol:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 29th, 2008, 7:58 am

With added alloy on the disc to prevent scratches! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 29th, 2008, 3:21 pm

There's also this. One honorable addition is One Hundred and One Dalmatians. Please don't release it so soon Disney, it just came out!

Yep, good news, but... aside from Pinocchio and maybe the Fantasia's, I don't see myself triple-dipping. My tune will no doubt change, but I just got to remind myself; I have it on DVD, the picture quality is great. I'm being very tempted by Sleeping Beauty, however.

I second droo's hope for a Tarzan Blu, only for the fact that I don't own the DVD and it's a great movie! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » August 29th, 2008, 3:31 pm

101 Dalmatians already being re-released again? :shock:.
Anyway do you think that Beauty And The Beast and Snow White will be also released on DVD? I whould love to buy them if they will :D.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 29th, 2008, 3:34 pm

Of course, it would be crazy if they were just re-released on Blu-ray this early on.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » August 29th, 2008, 4:09 pm

Yay :D I guess they"ll release the films only on Blu-Ray when the DVD will die.
I already have the Lion King PE from 2003 so I won't buy the new edition (Thought it was the lamest Platinum Edition).
But when Snow White and Beauty And The Beast will be released? because it seems every Princess gets her year (Like,2005-Cinderella,2006-Ariel,2007-Giselle,2008-Aurora,2009-Tiana),and I think that Alice In Wonderland,Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 will be Platinums.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 29th, 2008, 4:23 pm

Might want to read the first post again. ;)