Disney Pixar's Cars

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 24th, 2006, 3:37 pm

Yeah yeah, take a camera with you!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » April 24th, 2006, 3:48 pm

Meg wrote:Oh well, there's always 2010.
LOL Why? What happens then?

And I wish I could take you along. *hugs*

Ben wrote:Just have a great time and take loads of pics for the site and a review!
Unfortunately, they say in the form that came with the tickets that no cameras or cameraphones are allowed...but we'll see about that!

You never know when you'll actually get to use your camera when you go to an event. When I went to see Jerry Seinfeld, in Youngstown of all places, I was certain they'd have security guards swarming. The only staff I saw there were the people ripping tickets and serving beer. I was able to bring in my digital camera and even a mini-recorder. So I say, ALWAYS bring a camera...just in case.

Ben wrote:(And, um, no lovey-dovey stuff in the images. I don't think we could handle that...!) :)
Trust me. There won't be any of that. Like I said before, we have a history, not a present. =P

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » April 24th, 2006, 10:23 pm

PixarVixen wrote:
Ben wrote:(And, um, no lovey-dovey stuff in the images. I don't think we could handle that...!) :)
Trust me. There won't be any of that. Like I said before, we have a history, not a present. =P

~~=oP
Yeah - I'm just not gonna comment here. :?
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » April 24th, 2006, 11:38 pm

HAHAHAS;LDKFJ;LKJDF

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PixarVixen » April 24th, 2006, 11:43 pm

Any ideas as to how I could sneak in a digital camera to this thing? I want pictures, and I know you all want 'em too. ^__^

~~=oP

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 25th, 2006, 8:17 am

Bring a water bottle and put a camera in it instead of liquid! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PixarVixen » April 25th, 2006, 4:41 pm

LMAO! Hmm...my brain is processing this idea...I think I need some time to work on it. As strange as it sounds, it IS a possibility.

Any other ideas?

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 25th, 2006, 6:17 pm

Or maybe what I suggested to Brandon in aother thread:

Mail them ahead of time, say who you are and if it would be okay to take - or be provided with - some authorized shots?

But the bottle thing sounds cool too! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PixarVixen » April 25th, 2006, 6:44 pm

When you say authorized shots, do you mean because Brandon is part of the Animated-News staff that maybe they'd allow him to do that?

And the bottle idea keeps developing in my head. I've also been thinking about using a cooler. They say that coolers may be brought into the speedway. The only problem is alcoholic beverages are not permitted. If I hid the camera in a cooler somehow, I'm worried that they might check it for beer. I wouldn't have beer, but you know what I mean.

~~=oP
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PixarVixen » April 26th, 2006, 2:10 am

For all of you collectors out there (myself included), I saw that exclusive Cars merchandise will hit Disney Stores on May 25th, coincidentally one day before the World Premiere. You can bet I'll be there! I've seen preview images of the figures/toy cars. Pretty slick. Of course, I have no idea what the stores will put out on the shelves.

~~=oP
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 26th, 2006, 7:52 am

Put it in a soft drink bottle in the cooler...?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 26th, 2006, 7:59 am

Or you could stuff it in a bag of chips. Or bring a big ol' coat and hide it in one of its pockets. Or have your hair done up around the camera that holds it in place while hiding it at the same time. O maybe you could put it in a camera bag and sling the bag over your shoulder – no one would ever suspect that there was a camera secretly placed in it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » April 26th, 2006, 1:06 pm

When you say authorized shots, do you mean because Brandon is part of the Animated-News staff that maybe they'd allow him to do that?
Yes.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 26th, 2006, 5:21 pm

Shoot. I don't have a Disney Store.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 26th, 2006, 9:01 pm

I think the very unsure outline - let's face it, Cars is not getting Incredibles-type buzz is it, even from fans - and the summer slot will kill it, or make it a very middling blockbuster at best.

It'll do Chicken Little numbers, but nothing like Toy Story, Monsters Inc, Nemo or even The Incredibles.
Hey Ben, just curious, do you still think this will happen or will Cars be a big summer blockbuster after all? :)

After all, you're the guy who knows all the secrets! :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!