Official Star Wars Thread

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 25th, 2006, 1:00 am

Aye...but not fair on the fans.

I'll be keeping my original 1993 LDs with the native transfers WITH the commentary and all the extras that never made it to DVD. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » December 26th, 2006, 2:23 pm

Ben - Haha -- cool. A true Star Wars fan you are -- keep the valuables in the safe. (snigger) ;)

And yeah, you're right. It isn't fair on the fans at all. Heck, keeping the dvd set from us that long wasn't fair in the first place. Guess Lucas figured that he could milk the money faster if he waited forever and then set the set loose for a couple of months. Did you see how fast the dvd sales for that collection went? A box of chocolates couldn't have run out faster.... :P

My dad still has the original tapes of the first (er...last) three episodes. I still watch it sometimes -- brings back the nostalgia. Heheh.... :D
"Welcome to hell." - Skinner

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 10th, 2007, 6:02 am

George posted this SW parody about two years ago when the first Star Wars: Episode III trailers were up.

It's a fake trailer of what Revenge of the Sith MIGHT be like. Funny how close to reality it actually comes! :P

It's hysterically funny and bears repeating. Especially if you weren't around back then. :)

http://www.sequentialpictures.com/movie ... sode3.html
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 10th, 2007, 10:59 am

ShyViolet - Ha!! That was hilarious! I kind of hoped that what happened to Jar Jar in that parody had happened to him in the movie, though.... :lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 13th, 2007, 1:37 am

Senater Palpatine:

"Instead of announcing my candidacy for re-election, I'm announcing that: You're all....MORANS." (dons hood)
:P :)
I kind of hoped that what happened to Jar Jar in that parody had happened to him in the movie, though....

Yeah, right? Only I wish he'd fallen into the lava, too! :P :?

I also loved "Yousa think people gonna DIE, Anni??"
"I told you not to call me that, a**!"

Mace Windu: "Y'all are slaveholders!"

I also love how when Palpatine addresses everyone there's these Muppet dolls with him....Ernie and even an Alf hand puppet! (I think I acutally had that one as a kid.) :wink:
Last edited by ShyViolet on January 14th, 2007, 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 13th, 2007, 12:31 pm

ShyVi - (snigger) I know -- it's hilarious! My sister and I already have the whole thing memorized. Not to mention, I showed it to my parents and they cracked up laughing. :lol:

"Why am I the only black Jedi on the Council? Ain't nobody else in here black." - Mace Windu

"You're pure, dag-nasty evil. It's just a fact!!" - Obi-Wan

On Jar-Jar: Ha! Yeah, I know. I was thinking more along the lines of drowning, but the lava suggestion is better.

:lol: :D :lol:

Funny stuff.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 13th, 2007, 2:01 pm

Did you guys see the episode of Fairly Odd Parents where Jar-Jar made an appearance in Timmy's dream? I think Timmy ended up throwing him off a bridge or something.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 14th, 2007, 3:11 am

Yes I did, Meg. :)

It was a dream, in the very first Tv movie Abra-Catastrophe!.

That was indeed funny! :lol: Everytime Timmy had a dream (which was 3, I believe) Jar-Jar would appear, and something bad would occur to his person.

Me memory fails me. But some of the spoofs were that of, Spiderman and Jurassic Park...... ;)

On a similar note, anyone remember the Simpson spoof of Jar-Jar? when Bart and Lisa meet a George Lucas look-alike, and he offers them Jim-Jam cereal (I think) and they throw it away? Now that, was funny! :lol:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Cool Star Wars intro generator

Post by James » January 23rd, 2007, 1:03 am

Just found this cool little program for the Mac that lets you recreate the opening of the Star Wars films with your own text - from the 20th Century Fox production logo to the yellow text crawl! It has options to create a small web version, DVD quality, or full HD resolution.

http://alienryderflex.com/crawl/

Here's one I threw together. Right click the video to play or stop it.

[flash width=320 height=240 loop=false]http://squareworld.com/SWTS.swf[/flash]

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » January 24th, 2007, 11:20 pm

Nice program!

I just wish it interfaced with QuickTime directly and would let create the video instead of generating all of those BMP files!

Believe me folks, you get a LOT of BMP files generated from this program.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » January 24th, 2007, 11:58 pm

Luckily QT can process a folder full of them fairly quickly!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 16th, 2007, 12:51 am

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 25th, 2007, 12:56 pm

Kinda interesting (commentary on the Clone Wars CGI cartoon)

http://www.animationnation.com/ubb/ulti ... 1;t=012344

Oh, unfortunately, I realize the above story I posted expired: just FYI, it wasn't all that interesting. It was just about a bunch of US mailboxes shaped like R2-D2 being commissioned or something. Kinda cute but a non-story. :?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 26th, 2007, 10:08 am

I have to smile at that Charles guy..."I hate the art will get a topic closed". Where does he come from? Just because people don't agree that he doesn't think it looks too bad and they can't say so?

You better all agree with me on that, or I'll start banning... ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 26th, 2007, 2:07 pm

Ok, I'll agree with you on that. ;)