AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 14th, 2008, 12:55 pm

Double feature? :P

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 14th, 2008, 5:56 pm

Hmmm. That could work. ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by starlioness » March 22nd, 2008, 1:30 pm

hmm.. maybe Alex and Co , will run into the characters from the Wild or TLK! :D .. or not :p 8)

maybe Mort becomes King after Julien leaves? don't remember seeing him in the teaser *shrugs*..

and the boat's outta gas rememeber.. so the Mad crew takes to the friendly skies!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 22nd, 2008, 5:04 pm

Welcome back, starlioness!! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » March 23rd, 2008, 11:30 am

starlioness wrote:and the boat's outta gas rememeber.. so the Mad crew takes to the friendly skies!
Oh! I forgot about that! so that's why they took the airplane,thanks for reminding me :D.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by CGIFanatic » March 27th, 2008, 5:07 pm

It seems there will be a little bit of a love story between Melman (David Schwimmer) and Gloria (Jada Pinkett Smith) in the sequel.

moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/03/27/schwimmer-finds-romance-in-madagascar-sequel-insists-no-plans-yet-for-trilogy/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 27th, 2008, 5:17 pm

Er... :?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » March 27th, 2008, 5:46 pm

Madagascar wasn't a bad film, just appallingly mediocre, far below the standards I came to expect after the awesomeness of Shrek 2 and the pretty-goodness of Shark Tale. To a sequel, I say "meh". I wouldn't expect it to be any better, but I can't say it would be worse unless I see it. This one's gonna be a rental for me.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 27th, 2008, 10:19 pm

I think the best stuff in Mad was Alex's friendship with Marty....I found that very touching, and it definetely should have gotten more attention than it did.
The movie had a lot of laughs and amazing designs, but I do agree that there was a bit too much filler. The story was too slow in the second half, then moved too quickly in the second. And yeah, the ending was much too quick.

But I really think the sequel will be better. :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » March 28th, 2008, 7:47 am

Well,Shrek,Shrek 2 and Shark Tale were better then Madagascar.
I do wonder why we needed Gloria and Melman,they don't do anything,all the story is about Alex and Marty (and actually ShyViolet-I think ALL the story was about their friendship).
And I don't see why people compare Scrat to the Pinguines,Scrat dosn't take anything in the plot of Ice Age,he dosn't have anything to do with anything,while Pinguines does does takes part of the plot and even importent parts.
Last edited by Once Upon A Dream on March 31st, 2008, 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 28th, 2008, 6:51 pm

What's a Voilet?

I'd easily watch Madagascar over the noise and mess that was SharkTale.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by starlioness » April 3rd, 2008, 11:16 am

^ I agree that Mad is better than Shark Tale.. but Over the Hedge is better than Mad IMO..

hmm.. Dreamworks sure likes Interspecies romances.. Donkey and Dragon,Stella and Tiger, now Gloria and Melman? are we going to see little
Giraffe/Hippo cross babies in stores? :lol: 8)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » April 3rd, 2008, 2:23 pm

XDDDD.
"Hippoaffe dolls now in stores!" no wait,I can see a video game! Madagascar:Hippoaffes in which you take care of a Hippoaffes!.
There was also Lola and Crazy Joe in Shark Tale but I"m not sure it's official :P.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 3rd, 2008, 5:02 pm

I'd watch Over The Hedge over Mad and Mad over Shark Tale, easily.

I think DWs best CG flick is still Antz, though. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by CGIFanatic » May 28th, 2008, 3:13 pm

I know this is about Madagascar (the original) but it's related so I thought to put the Blu-ray announcement here. I think I'll include it on my list after I buy the PlayStation 3 towards the end of the year.

www.themanroom.com/news/Dreamworks_Mada ... u-ray/2808