Bee Movie

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » November 5th, 2007, 11:19 am

Too bad for Bee Movie :(.
Do you think that Enchanted will have a better opening?.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 5th, 2007, 11:46 am

Actually, all things considered, "Bee Movie" had a pretty decent opening. It just wasn't on top.

DreamWorks should learn from this that they need to STOP overexposing their animated movies until everyone who's not going to see them anyway is sick of them.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » November 5th, 2007, 3:09 pm

Once Upon A Dream wrote:Too bad for Bee Movie :(.
Do you think that Enchanted will have a better opening?.
That depends, what's also being released on the 21st Because I think The Mist is being released on that date.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » November 5th, 2007, 3:34 pm

I wonder if it will be sucssefull.

Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » November 5th, 2007, 4:00 pm

Once Upon A Dream wrote:I wonder if it will be sucssefull.
That depends, because Stephen King is hot again in Hollywood.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 5th, 2007, 5:15 pm

I think I will have a heart attack and die if "The Mist" actually beats "Enchanted" on its opening weekend.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » November 5th, 2007, 6:10 pm

Wendy's Jane wrote:I think I will have a heart attack and die if "The Mist" actually beats "Enchanted" on its opening weekend.
You'd make a big fuss if The Mist beats Enchanted? Come on, it wouldn't be that big of a deal, besides if Enchanted doesn't well then it's Disney's fault.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 5th, 2007, 8:53 pm

I would be upset, but not that much. If Enchanted doesn't do great, oh well; it certanly won't be because of Disney, because thus far they've been doing a great job of promoting it.

Now than, Vi, have you seen Bee Movie yet? :)

Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » November 5th, 2007, 8:58 pm

Daniel wrote:I would be upset, but not that much. If Enchanted doesn't do great, oh well; it certanly won't be because of Disney, because thus far they've been doing a great job of promoting it.
So you'd blame Stephen King if Enchanted doesn't well? Besides The Mist isn't the only competition it has, there's also Hitman.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » November 5th, 2007, 9:18 pm

I really don't think Hitman and The Mist will give Enchanted much competition. Those R-rated pictures will be battling each other, mostly for an audience that possibly wouldn't see Enchanted even if it was the only film opening that week. With that in mind, even if Hitman or Mist takes the #1 spot for that weekend, I doubt either of them will take much business from Enchanted.

Still, I think the Disney flick will win that weekend. After all, it will be the film to see for those folks craving a comedic, romantic and/or family-friendly movie.
Last edited by Josh on November 6th, 2007, 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » November 5th, 2007, 9:29 pm

But there's a chance alot of kids (Mostly boys) will see either Hitman or The Mist.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » November 6th, 2007, 12:24 am

I doubt any responsible parent would let their kids watch an R rated movie at the theater (my mom didn't til I was in the last couple years of high school). Enchanted wins in that scenario.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » November 6th, 2007, 12:40 am

eddievalient wrote:I doubt any responsible parent would let their kids watch an R rated movie at the theater (my mom didn't til I was in the last couple years of high school). Enchanted wins in that scenario.
There are some families who could take their kids to see R-Rated films, I mean last year when I saw Saw III, I saw a mother with two kids watching the film.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » November 6th, 2007, 4:30 am

Code Horror wrote:But there's a chance alot of kids (Mostly boys) will see either Hitman or The Mist.
I don't believe that many parents will be sick (who will take his child to such movie?) and males can also the Disney Princesses,too,and even if those families are so much streotyps-there's Prince Edward and Pip.
And about Saw III-today some parents take their children to any movie,without even thinking if it's a movie that fit small kids or not (Spider-Man 3,King Kong i heard even Kill Bill) so just becouse you some small kids in a movie it dosn't mean that families goes to those movies (you'll find small children in every movie).
I think that Enchanted will beat The Mist (what's an R-rated movie near a classic Disney movie?).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 6th, 2007, 4:48 am

More like, why is Enchanted be discussed here in the first place? ;)

But I do agree with, Once. A parent who takes their kid(s) to those kind of movies, is not very responsible. If they were teens ok, but KIDS!?