Official Star Wars Thread

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 12th, 2006, 8:54 am

Would those be the original grapes? Or tarted up, fake digital grapes ("ooh, they look so real, but have no taste!") ;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » May 13th, 2006, 6:44 pm

Nah.

Grape skittles! :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » May 13th, 2006, 9:35 pm

SKITTLES!!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » May 13th, 2006, 10:16 pm

FEEL THE RAINBOW, TASTE THE RAINBOW!!!

Now I know I've ruined the thread...
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 21st, 2006, 8:40 pm

Hey Christian...

NON:
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/mytwocentsa120.html#emp

ANAMORPHIC:
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/mytwocent ... ml#aswrant

TRANSFERS:
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents

...scream of cheap George ripping off the fans. He doesn't even acknowledge the "demand"...

Bad, bad, baaaaad...and frankly a ton of pooh. I guess they just saved me $60 or so by sticking with my 1993 LaserDiscs (which use the same transfers and have commentary, documentaries and behind-the-scenes featurettes).

GL is a liar. He was a liar in 1997 when he defended the Jabba scene addition ("we were going to remove the actor optically"...right George, using 1976 technology, right?) and he's a liar now ("negatives don't exist"...okay, how did you make the 2004 changes if you got rid of them in '97, something the Bits boys haven't picked up on yet).

Guess that thriving bootleg business will just keep churning over and over and over and over and over...

(Betcha we get the "originals" again in HD when it's time to quadruple dip on that format too)... :roll:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » May 21st, 2006, 9:51 pm

Hmmmm. I'm a big Jabba fan, so I'm not gonna complain about any scene he's been added into. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 30th, 2006, 5:39 pm

I personally still think it's so stupid for Greedo to shoot first in A New Hope.
Really dumbs down Han Solo's character. :roll:

And it really takes away from Return of the Jedi's emotional impact to have Christianson Anakin instead of the original, older man. The whole point is that the poor dying man inside the suit is now finally at peace. Having Christianson there, the Anakin that very few people even cared was becoming evil, just ruins the moment in my opinion.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 31st, 2006, 11:06 am

Yes, and yes.

And you can't actually watch the saga in the right order anyway, since all the plot twists of IV, V and VI are blown open by the "events" of I, II and III.

And Sebastion Shaw at the end of Jedi makes much more sense...he is truly the "father" redeemed by the son, as opposed to some kid who pops up - you can even see Luke Skywalker looking back at him in the "improved" versions as if to say "who the heck is this joker?" - he never saw him at that age! :)

And Leia...only remembering "memories, feelings"... did a person of such high standing as Queen Amidala not warrant a photo portrait ANYwhere during her life?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 31st, 2006, 4:59 pm

Plus....how could Leia have "memories...feelings" of Padme based on the three seconds she spent with her after she was born? Didn't Padme die giving birth???

Also, this hasn't been mentioned much but I didn't really like the "celebrations" all over the galaxy that the Republic/Dark Side was defeated either....we don't know those worlds or those aliens, why should we care if they're happy? Plus it looked SO fake to me.

I never LOVED the Ewoks but I preferred their "Yub-Yub" chant to the music they replaced it with....

Not to mention the "musical number" at Jabba's palace....*winces inside* :twisted: :shock: Also looked very fake.

In my opinion. :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » May 31st, 2006, 7:04 pm

The fact that people get so worked up every little detail shows that Star Wars still means a lot to everyone.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 1st, 2006, 6:49 am

My word, Christian...he really has suckered you in, hasn't he?

What's your worst, worst, worst opinion on Star Wars...? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 17th, 2006, 11:03 pm

I know this film came out a year ago but I remember when the discussion turned to songs for a Star Wars musical.

For Revenge of the Sith:

How about:

"You Were the Chosen One"--Anakin and Obi Wan duet

"Failed, we have"--Yoda

"He has killed my spirit"--Padme

"I submit to you"--Anakin/Darth Sidious duet

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Best Star Wars Score?

Post by ShyViolet » July 16th, 2006, 3:02 pm

I guess it's all subjective but I'd probably vote for The Phantom Menace as having the best music....(particularly Duel of the Fates) with Empire Strikes Back as the runner-up.

The "romantic" Padme and Anakin theme in Clones was also nice, but nothing really special. Nothing like the Han/Leia love theme of the originals, that's for sure.

I liked Revenge of the Sith as well, but to me it felt like more could have been done with the whole Obi-Wan/Anakin showdown; it was cool but (the music) felt more like action than the closing act of a grand drama.

What I liked best in that score was how Williams brought back the original "Luke on Tatooine" theme when Owen and his wife take the baby from Obi-Wan and the two suns were setting. (loved seeing Obi in his hooded robe, ready to become Alec Guiness!)

Probably the most emotionally resonent scene of the entire film...too bad it came right at the very end! :wink: :roll:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 16th, 2006, 5:04 pm

Ahhh, the young children...!

Empire is the best, no question. Adding to the ground breaking work on the first film with such spot on themes for Yoda and the Imperial March, for goodness sake, plus, as you say the Han/Leia theme...

Duel Of The Fates was the one good thing about the entire new trilogy, but can't hold a candle to classic Williams, who was working on full cylinders in his "golden period" around the turn of the decade.

So...The Phantom freaking Menace as the best score in the whole Star Wars canon over Empire? Gimme a break!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » July 18th, 2006, 1:47 am

My best Star Wars score is 655,018 ..

I must've blown up that Death Star 7 or 8 times! Those vector-laser balls will get ya in the end, though .. :lol: :P

-------

Seriously, though, THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK has the best themes .. (IMHO)

Besides the aforementioned "Han & Leia", "Yoda", and "Imperial March" themes (all of which are excellent), "The Asteroid Field" and "Battle in the Snow" are among my favorite Williams pieces.