Disney's Frozen

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Disney's Frozen

Post by droosan » February 21st, 2014, 1:56 pm

I, for one, was really :roll: over the 'twist' concerning Prince Hans.

I agree with eddievalient; Frozen might've been rather more interesting, overall, without that development .. there could have been other paths toward the really big 'twist' which occurs during the climax. :?

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » February 22nd, 2014, 11:22 am

In honor of the soundtrack to Frozen selling over a million copies this past week, Disney will be releasing a vinyl of the deluxe edition through MyPlayDirect.com. 3,000 will be made available in April, but the web site will reportedly be offering unique editions from February 24-28. MyPlayDirect.com will offer 50 copies each day that will be autographed by one of the song writers, composers, or any one else who had a hand in the soundtrack, even John Lasseter.

Link to the vinyl

Link reporting the story on the unique editions

---

EDIT UPDATE

According to The Rock Father, the autographs will be on posters that will be provided to those early pre-orders along with a schedule of which specific autographs one will be getting based on when they pre-order the vinyls.

Monday 2/24 - Songwriters Robert and Kristen Anderson-Lopez

Tuesday 2/25 - Directors Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee

Wednesday 2/26 - Executive Producer John Lasseter

Thursday 2/27 - Composer Christophe Beck

Friday 2/28 - The Lopez again

Link to Rock Father post

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » February 24th, 2014, 10:01 am

This movie is about to hit home video. DO we really need to spoiler tag it still? I will just to be safe.

On the "one day" thing:
I actually liked how they ended things with Anna and Kristoff. It was exactly NOT your typical fairy tale love story ending. It was awkward, tentative, and the first step towards an actual relationship.
On Hans:
I didn't like the reveal because they purposely set it up so you could never see it coming. A good twist should at least give the audience something before the reveal that they can go back later and watch and say "ahhh!"

For example, it would be like writing the Sixth Sense, [SPOILER ALERT!] having the kid say "I see dead people", but then not telling us Bruce Willis' character had been shot until the end of the movie.

What they could have done to fix that a bit is when Anna goes to Hans and says he has to kiss her, he should have kissed her! It would have been a great reveal for him to then be forced to admit he never loved her and was just using her and had been faking it all along when the kiss didn't work.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » February 24th, 2014, 10:20 am

Unfortunately I couldn't be as "surprised" by the twist as some people were, thanks to a review that said "without spoiling anything, Hans has his own agenda for the kingdom."

That's like saying, "Without giving anything away, Waternoose is willing to do anything to save the company" in a Monsters, Inc. review!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » February 24th, 2014, 12:12 pm

And that's why we have spoiler free reviews of theatrical films here at AV!

I've gotten to the point now where I hate any spoilers before a movie. I stopped reading reviews before movies a few years ago. I do my best not to watch new trailers the month before a film is released. About 15 years ago I used to buy the soundtrack albums and listen to them before seeing movies! Gave that up over a decade ago!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » February 26th, 2014, 12:32 pm

droosan wrote:I, for one, was really :roll: over the 'twist' concerning Prince Hans.
I wouldn't mind the same insulting, chick-pandering "Girls, don't marry princes, you'll be sorry!" skew that we got in Princess & the Frog here, if there had been an ACTUAL PRINCE IN THE ORIGINAL STORY!!!!
Here, they had to insert one in, just to have her not marry him. That's......................reaching a bit. :roll:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » February 26th, 2014, 11:03 pm

Billboard announced today that the soundtrack to Frozen reclaimed the top spot on the album charts for a fifth non-consecutive week. It is the first soundtrack since Titanic to top the charts for at least five weeks. The only other soundtracks to have achieved this feat are The Bodyguard, The Lion King, and Waiting to Exhale.

Additionally, both the soundtrack and the single "Let It Go", specifically the original film version sung by Idina Menzel, have been certified platinum.

And this morning, Good Morning America hosted a unique live sing-along of "Let It Go" in Times Square featuring Idina Menzel (along with her cast-mates in the forthcoming Broadway musical "If/Then"), the New York City Children's Chorus, and groups of kids singing from other locations such as Disney Animation Studios, Atlanta Georgia, and more.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 3rd, 2014, 5:48 pm

Rather old, but an excellent piece on how the PG rating for Frozen--and animated movies in general lately--was just flat out silly:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendel ... pg-rating/

I've seen the film three times...and I can't for the life me tell you what exactly earned the rating in this case. At least Tangled had an itty-bity little bit of blood.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » March 4th, 2014, 9:24 pm

The night after the Oscars, Idina appeared on The Tonight Show and performed another rendition of "Let It Go". This time with host Jimmy Fallon and The Roots and they're all playing with classroom instruments. 8)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 7th, 2014, 5:27 am

"Wickedly talented"!

I love Adele Dazeem!

- Brian Seempzon.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » March 7th, 2014, 9:56 am

She is definitely wickedly talented. :mrgreen:

- Arti Ortsddtz

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » March 7th, 2014, 11:22 am

Not to pick needless-grammar nits, but I'm assuming that's not taking "Wickedly" as just a generic intensifying adverb? ;)

(I've always had this theory that half of teen slang over the last fifty years has been created by critic-blubs on movie ads, and teens believing that was "how grownups talked". Ask ten people you know if they can correctly define what a "Wickedly funny comedy" really is.)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » March 7th, 2014, 11:51 am

EricJ wrote:Not to pick needless-grammar nits, but I'm assuming that's not taking "Wickedly" as just a generic intensifying adverb? ;)

(I've always had this theory that half of teen slang over the last fifty years has been created by critic-blubs on movie ads, and teens believing that was "how grownups talked". Ask ten people you know if they can correctly define what a "Wickedly funny comedy" really is.)
It may not be popular but thank goodness someone is picking grammar nits!. I'm a sentimental man and I miss the days of writing letters and thank you notes. But kids today don't care - with their texting and facebooking, just dancing through life thinking everything is going to be wonderful. But if you don't pay attention to things like grammar and you can't communicate well with others in our connected world, something bad will become of your future prospects -- they'll be gone for good! One short day is all it takes to make a bad impression with potential employers and co-workers. After you're stuck working in a fast food restaurant your whole life, you'll be saying "What is this feeling?" Regret, my friend. Regret that you didn't care about little things like grammar when you were younger. I know what some of you are thinking out there: "I'm not that girl, James. I write good!" No. No you don't.

Anyway, watch out Eric. No good deed goes unpunished and I'm sure you'll be laughed at for caring.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 7th, 2014, 1:31 pm

EricJ wrote:Not to pick needless-grammar nits, but I'm assuming that's not taking "Wickedly" as just a generic intensifying adverb? ;)
Nope...just quoting John Travolta...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Disney's Frozen (formerly Snow Queen) 2013

Post by ShyViolet » March 7th, 2014, 6:02 pm

Dacey wrote::?

I should apologize in advance for sharing this...

That was hilarious! Thanks, Dacey! :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!