Ninja Turtles CGI Movie

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 28th, 2006, 4:32 pm

A "complete k"? I'm not sure I feel that's appropriate language Vi, unless you're meaning a "klutz"??

That's weird. I don't remember writing that at all--all I wrote was "a mishmash" meaning a mixture. I think that must have been a typo or something--but I'm sorry anyway. :oops:

OH WAIT: I originally wrote "jerk" and then edited it because I forgot to put the "a". ("a complete jerk") I must have deleted the rest of the word by accident. (sorry)
It was late at night, so... :wink: :oops: Sorry about that! :wink: :P
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by TheTyro » September 30th, 2006, 3:31 pm

Watching the trailer brought me back to my childhood. They look much more like turtles, and way more teenagery. I wanna see it. ^.^
I Love Tyler!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » November 28th, 2006, 2:46 pm

It hasn't been announced on any official sites as far as I know, but it's going around (from a reasonably reliable source) that the full TMNT trailer is slated to premier in theaters in front of Eragon on December 15.

So stay tuned. :)
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/ninja_otter/SKsignature.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 28th, 2006, 2:48 pm

Cool. I've been getting more and more excited for this as I see more stuff, though I was never a big Turtles fan.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 28th, 2006, 4:22 pm

If I see this it all, it would only be because I'd want to check out how they do the animation. Though what they had in the teaser trailer looked like it came out of a video game to me.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » November 30th, 2006, 6:57 pm

Wendy's Jane wrote:If I see this it all, it would only be because I'd want to check out how they do the animation. Though what they had in the teaser trailer looked like it came out of a video game to me.
Honestly, the gap between video game quality and film quality is quickly decreasing, from what I can see. However, there are a couple camera moves that make me inclined to agree with you. I hope they keep the film to a more cinematic feel rather than make the camera move super fast just because it can.

To Imagi's credit, though, there's a lot of good muscle stuff going on even in the teaser (the shot with Leonardo comes to mind - his neck muscles especially move very well). And I've heard from some people who went to Comic-Con when this was released that the teaser is pretty lame compared to some of the clips they were shown. Only time will tell, though. I really want this to be a good movie. *crosses fingers*

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 30th, 2006, 7:44 pm

Really? I got a comic book vibe from it myself...Didn't they do the whole thing in B&W, and then go back to add colors or something?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 30th, 2006, 7:50 pm

ShyViolet wrote:Bean II!! Oh Lord. The first one was just a mishmash of the T.V. series, nothing more. And nowhere near as funny.
There was a Bean II? That's news to me! :?

Anyway... I completly agree with you about the first movie. I was expecting the same level of quality as the Tv series, but I was really dissapointed :( if I remember correctly, it was about him staying with a family, right? Eh...

The Tv series on the other hand was brilliant! I haven't seen all episodes sadly, but from what I have seen I love, love, love Bean! I espicially love the Christmas special! *classic* :)

Have you ever seen the cartoon version? I really want to see it! Unfortunatly, its only available to buy, and I might not even like it :? Not to mention, the waste of money ;)
Ben wrote:Johnny English was quite amusing.
I quite agree ;) though it was strange hearing him talk, I'm so used to mute Rowan :lol:
Ben wrote: And I won't mention the rumors about Garfield 3... :roll:
Say what? Oh g-d :shock: please no! How about a full CG venture, I would like that! :)

Its not that much of a stretch, if you really think about it. Casper suceeded when it went all CG, ie. Caspers Haunted Christmas Not to mention Stuart Little 3, though, it looks 'cheap' compared to the originals :roll:

Lets just hope those rumors about G3, stay rumors ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 30th, 2006, 9:23 pm

Though what they had in the teaser trailer looked like it came out of a video game to me.
Same here WJ. :?

I loved Teen 1 and Teen 2: The Secret of the Ooze when they came out. They may look kind of old-fashioned now but I love that late 80's/early 90's vibe. And I love Raphael! :D That "T-U-R-T-L-E P-O-W-E-R" and Vanilla Ice Ninja rap were cool too!

I'll just hang on to my memories, if that's all right.....:roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 1st, 2006, 12:20 am

"There was a Bean II? That's news to me!"

There IS a Bean II - I don't think it's out yet. The cartoon is actually pretty darn good actually, and <I>extremely</I> well animated for a TV show.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » December 3rd, 2006, 3:03 am

Meg wrote:Really? I got a comic book vibe from it myself...Didn't they do the whole thing in B&W, and then go back to add colors or something?
Yes - according to interviews, it was lit as a black-and-white film first, in the style of film noir stuff from the '30s/'40s. Which makes me happy because whether you like the look or not, you can't deny they made sure this looked exactly how they wanted it to.

Some people whine about the look of the Turtles - saying they don't look "realistic." Now, any discussion of "realism" concerning the TMNT has to be tongue-in-cheek :P but with the stylized humans and Turtles, they are going for a comic book look. Which I also adore.

I wonder if the video game look happens because a lot of video games look darker instead of being your standard bright 'n' happy CGI. *ponders*

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » December 3rd, 2006, 9:34 am

Well, I like the 'look', and it seems far different than any other CG movie I've seen so far.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 3rd, 2006, 3:16 pm

Yes, it does have a "Comic Book" look, but there's a bit of "Video Game" in there as well. ;)

And I've never seen the live action Turtles movies.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » December 5th, 2006, 1:24 am

ninjaturtles.com wrote:We've received a report that the new TMNT movie trailer from Imagi is supposed to be available at MTV.com starting a week from today. It's also supposed to be showing with two holiday movies, "Unaccompanied Minors" and, as reported earlier, "Eragon".
This was posted on December 1 - so looks like this is supposed to be available online starting Friday.
Wendy's Jane wrote:And I've never seen the live action Turtles movies.
Tsk, tsk. Well, I suppose they were good for the time - the fight scenes were pretty well-done, considering you had little stuntmen doing martial arts in heavy turtle costumes. Lip sync wasn't quite on all the time (animatronic mouths) but it was 1990, so not too bad (though it still bugs me). I'd say two things about the live action movies:

1) Only the first one is really worth your time, if you ever decided to take a look. I'm a somewhat hardcore TMNT fan and I still haven't touched Turtles III because everyone tells me it's just BAD. II is OK, but disappointing.
2) It suffers a little from adapting a comic book story but then adding heaping spoonfuls of cartoon silliness. They start to get a worthwhile plot and character development, and then they go all goofy and kill the mood. Plus two of the Turtles are completely out of character. (Corey Feldman + script = terrible Donatello)

The director of this movie has specifically stated he wants to look for a better balance between action and humor, and that this film should be darker than the first one. They just have to tread that fine PG/PG-13 line, so it'll be dark enough to satisfy the oldschool fans, and yet not scare too many moms of the new Turtles fan generation away. Should be interesting to see how it plays out.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 5th, 2006, 3:25 am

(Corey Feldman + script = terrible Donatello)
Wait, Corey Feldman was Donatello????? OMG!!! :shock: :)

That's awesome. Thanks for the trivia. :wink: