Batman Begins

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 9th, 2007, 10:55 pm

And so did Kevin Spacey in Superman Returns. :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 10th, 2007, 5:31 am

Also, if you remember in 1995 Tommy Lee was a VERY big deal: he just got the Oscar for The Fugitive the year before (Best Supporting Actor--I STILL for the life of me cannot believe he beat out Ralph Fiennes in Schindler's List) and also for the award (not sure if it was Oscar or not) that he got for "Cobb" the previous year. (Ty Cobb, baseball player biopic)

He was also in a ton other stuff: The Client, House of Cards, etc...he was in like, every other movie back then. :?

He's a great actor, but so overused. And then a few years later he did Men and Black and was never the same in my eyes....:wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 10th, 2007, 6:15 am

Man Of The House. Whoa. :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 10th, 2007, 6:23 am

Oh right that movie with Jonathan Taylor Thomas? :roll: :P I didn't even know
he was in that.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 10th, 2007, 9:02 am

Nope, that was Chevy Chase.

I was talking about <I>THIS</I> Man Of The House:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0331933/

Universally derided and about as low as anyone could go... :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 17th, 2007, 12:43 am

Re: Tommy Lee Jones

The guy is not handsome,

Well....maybe he's not Christian Bale or Hugh Jackman :wink: but I always sort of liked his chiseled "craggy" looks....:) But more in a "Wow, what a great actor" sort of way. :P

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » May 21st, 2007, 12:37 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 21st, 2007, 1:02 pm

Just so strange..... :shock:

Kinda doubtful about this now...but we still haven't seen any footage of this film, so I'll try to keep an open mind. :?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 21st, 2007, 2:39 pm

Some have said this looks creepy....I agree. It might be interesting.
I guess we just have to wait until we get a "wide smile/teeth" pic to really make a judgement.

:wink:

He sure looks like a serial killer, all right. :?

Also, I'm not saying I totally agree with one of the people on the board who wrote this, but I thought it was interesting:

Originally Posted by seamonkey
Well, I think the last bit of fun has been officially drained from the Batman franchise. I don't mind superhero movies that are more serious and treat their scripts more intelligently, but this seems more like a superhero movie that is embarrassed by its source material.

Riddle me this Batman: when is a superhero movie NOT a superhero movie?
I'm still excited about the movie and I think that NO MATTER WHAT, it's gonna be something to watch.

But, the whole "embarrassed by the source material" thing does seem to ring true. A little. :?

EDIT: Actually, the Joker isn't even really a serial killer in the classic sense, since they have a PATTERN and do things in a particular way every time. The Joker is so totally psychotic and insane with no remotely predictable or understandable way of killing or doing anyting else. Which is why he really doesn't fall into the whole "serial killer" thing.
At least IMHO. He's a mass murderer on a grand scale, but not just another killer thug....I hope Nolan remembers this. :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » May 21st, 2007, 3:10 pm

Personally I'm torn on whether or not I like the image of the new Joker...On one hand, it's very creepy looking and I like the cut mouth, but on th other hand, it tries to be a little *too* realistic.

Like Vi said, I'm going to wait until I see him smile to say any more! :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 21st, 2007, 3:16 pm

I also thought the Joker was supposed to be disfigured right? Doesn't he "have" to smile??

Unless this is before he
"cuts his cheeks to make his smile wider"
as Meg said earlier here, and has been said elsewhere. :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » May 21st, 2007, 3:56 pm

Unless this is before he
"cuts his cheeks to make his smile wider"

as Meg said earlier here, and has been said elsewhere.
Check out the deep cuts on either side of his face in the pic. I'm guessing he doesn't always smile, but the cuts will make his grin even wider when he does.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 21st, 2007, 8:03 pm

Now that's just creepy!

Maybe when they show his hair, he'll look more like the Joker we all know and love! At least, I hope. The new pic doesn't really do anything for me. Like Meg, I'm torn. :?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 22nd, 2007, 9:30 am

I think he's going to be scary when he smiles. As noted above, those look like cuts on his cheeks and he could go wider than wide with that.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 22nd, 2007, 11:58 am

True....actually, this might just turn out really cool. I'm definetely warming up to it. :)