Official Star Wars Thread

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 2nd, 2005, 5:31 pm

Yeah, but that's not the enitre puppet cast of Jedi, then, is it Vi? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 3rd, 2005, 9:33 pm

True.... :wink: :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » August 15th, 2005, 1:08 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 26th, 2005, 4:47 pm

Lucas and Spielberg... Two examples of how whacked-out and hypocritical Hollywood billionaire Marxist-types are!
True in some ways....even though I LOVED WOTW there was a definete anti-Bush-Afghanistan-Iraq theme going on there.

(I'm kind of ambivalent about the War but I still don't feel a director should shove his views about it--pro or con--down our throats....)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

GeorgeC

Chewbacca becomes American citizen!

Post by GeorgeC » October 13th, 2005, 1:15 pm

Read it and weep, Canada! :lol:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9677098/ :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 13th, 2005, 1:29 pm

Yay Chewie. Now if he could just stop making pointless cameos..... :wink: :roll:

GeorgeC

A blast from Star Wars' past -- Star Wars Christmas Album!

Post by GeorgeC » November 9th, 2005, 3:09 am

Yep.

There's an actual Star Wars Christmas album (officially known as "Christmas in the Stars") that makes the Star Wars Holiday Special almost look like MacBeth!

Be forewarned... The music is fairly lousy. R2-D2, C-3PO, and Jon Bon Jovi (yep, it's his first album appearance!) do NOT make great holiday music!

This album was produced by Meco, the infamous musician who created disco and rock versions of Star Wars music. (Actually, the disco version of the Star Wars theme isn't half-bad.) The Christmas album is currently out-of-print and DEFINITELY NOT worth the $50 they're asking for it on Amazon.com...!

(On the other hand, I'm REALLY SURPRISED they didn't reprint the album this year considering all the Wars hoopla in the wake of Episode III. It would have made perfect sense to do a third CD run on the album THIS YEAR. Lousy or not -- according to your own tastes --, it hasn't been in print since 1996. Even the Robotech soundtrack is getting a THIRD edition later in the year/early next year!)

Here are actual weblinks to listen to samples of the album's music and catch up on its history --

http://www.i-mockery.com/shorts/starwars-xmas/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_in_the_Stars

Don't say I didn't warn you! :oops: :lol:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 9th, 2005, 9:09 am

God, that is terrible.

I LOVED IT!!! :)

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » November 9th, 2005, 9:54 am

:shock:

Eeeeeeekkkkkkk!

Now you're just scaring me, Ben. :shock:

I don't whether to feel glad or shocked somebody LIKED the music on that album.

I listened to an mp3 of the "R2-D2, We Wish You a Merry Christmas" track and was wondering how Bon Jovi could live it down...

I guess Meco didn't sell too many copies of the album! :twisted:

Still, as bad as it was, I'm shocked the album wasn't reprinted in time for this year's holiday season. :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » November 9th, 2005, 10:57 am

Hey, something can still be bad, and still be enjoyable. Me and my friends always rent really really crappy "horror" movies, and Steven Segal (sp?) movies to make fun of. It wins.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » November 10th, 2005, 1:18 am

I get it, I get it.

Listen, I like the 1980 Flash Gordon film (mainly for the Queen music) but I'm never going to say that was a great film, either!

(I'm still waiting on an American release of a new edition of the film. Europe already has a new edition far superior to the original DVD releases way back at the beginning of the DVD era.)

It is kind of scary liking some of this crap, though...

Heck, I'll admit there's an inordinate amount of junk in anime but I STILL love anime.

P.S. -- I really, really tried to look for the Star Wars Christmas album but it's mysteriously out-of-print this year. They're idiots for NOT reprinting it this year! The last version was printed in 1996 on CD and costs $50 and more through Amazon.com stores! I'm not even going to try e-Baying it.

Star Wars collectibles this year -- thanks to Episode III -- are ridiculously overpriced.

Likewise, very few of Meco's Star Wars albums are in-print now. At least I got the "Best of" album a few years back before that went out of print, too.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bambi » November 10th, 2005, 6:30 pm

I havent seen that album. I cant believe they are making christmas songs from STARWARS... Thats ridicoulous... well i havent listened to them but if as you say, they are rock then thats not christmas
I got "twitterpated" by Faline...
[img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d53/bambidude/BAMBISIGMetallica.jpg[/img]

GeorgeC

Chewie sings Christmas!

Post by GeorgeC » December 22nd, 2005, 12:50 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » December 22nd, 2005, 3:53 pm

MY EARS!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 22nd, 2005, 4:08 pm

That was funny!

Thanks for providing me with my Christmas email to all my friends George!

:)