The Princess and the Frog

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 16th, 2007, 2:40 pm

...Because after all, it would be unheard of to ever even consider making an ugly (or even normal)-looking heroine. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » October 16th, 2007, 2:45 pm

Well,i think they should make her pretty like Aurora,Jasmine,Pocahontas,Ariel and Giselle.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 16th, 2007, 3:21 pm

She's got her own quirky beauty, I think.

Making her too generically "beautiful" would be to get away from what's making her unique. There's a bit of a Naomi Campbell thing going on in there.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » October 16th, 2007, 3:27 pm

Well,if you say so,but i think they should make her like Pocahontas and Jasmine which are amazing.
Also in the left picture she more look like kinda werid,the first one is better.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 16th, 2007, 3:28 pm

Right on!

I do wonder, though, how close those images will be to her final design. I really like the one on the right...Everytime I see the left picture I wonder why she has a lemon on her forehead.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » October 16th, 2007, 3:32 pm

LOL,that's what i allways think about the left picture :lol:.
If she'll stay like this then i think that only the fact that she's black make her uniqe,she's not really amazing but i believe she'll be changed until the final design.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 13th, 2007, 1:55 pm

Princess and the Frog animation outsourced?? (comments section, bottom.)

(Just a rumor--nothing definite. I understand that a lot of the conceptual work is in-house but this is referring to the actual animation.)

If it is true though, (and of course it might not be) then it makes John Lassetter's comments on Rotten Tomatoes
about Pixar guys loving 2d that much more hilarious.... :roll:

http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... at-is.html
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 13th, 2007, 2:38 pm

I just don't get why they don't get the Pixar guys who want to work in 2D move over to Disney, or even help Disney out on Bolt and the like by loaning them some Pixar people.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this going James Baxter's route until they get a good team back in there. The very least is that they could use the Australian guys...wow, they started churning out good looking work towards the end there, and they're familiar with these types of characters.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 13th, 2007, 3:30 pm

I seriously doubt that's true. It's understandable with Enchanted but I can't see them outsourcing this one, especially since it's supposed to be Disney's big come-back to 2D.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 13th, 2007, 7:54 pm

But so is (was) Enchanted. :?

EDIT: I'm not in any way trying to minimize the work done on it, which I know was James Baxter's expert team of Disney people....I'm sure it's great...just that, like TPATF and Bolt, I think Enchanted should have been getting much more of a marketing push from Lassetter, because basically, it is the long-awaited "return of 2d to the screen".....even if it's only 15 minutes worth, it's still traditional animation on the big screen--from the Walt Disney Company.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » November 13th, 2007, 10:42 pm

Outsourced? Hm that does sound strange I would assume that they would put all their in house efforts to that movie. I'm sure they didn't fire that many traditional animators? did they?

Wow once again I am out of the loop. Tink Movie? Tinkerbelle has a new movie with the other faeries in cgi?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 14th, 2007, 7:26 am

Yep, she does. There are previews up all over YouTube and on recent DisneyDVDs, only now she has split her name to make it Tinker Bell (she never had an e on the end).

This is supposedly a prequel deal, before she met Pan. I actually quite like the idea (Tink has always been used by Disney - including Walt himself - outside Pan).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » November 14th, 2007, 3:18 pm

*watched some clips from the Tinker Bell movie*

Interesting, it looks really nice. I love the new Pixie Hollow stories a lot so I am glad they are making a movie to go with them. I just wish that the faeries' costumes were a little more like the illustrations in the books because those are really gorgeous. But that might be too much to ask to be done on something that doesn't have as huge of a budget because it is a direct to video children's release.

anyway back on topic, frog Princess ^.^
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 14th, 2007, 4:57 pm

But so is (was) Enchanted.
Eight minutes of animation doesn't equal the triumphant return of 2D Disney in my book. :wink:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 14th, 2007, 5:43 pm

Don't forget the return of The Goof as well! :)