AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » February 13th, 2006, 7:33 am

She annoys me.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » February 13th, 2006, 3:39 pm

*ahem*

Correction: It's a fact of life if you're male.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » February 13th, 2006, 4:01 pm

True, true.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 16th, 2006, 12:18 pm

Here's some early opinions on Cars clips:

(Cartoon Brew)
Comments on CARS Clips
Posted by AMID at 01:33 PM

Pixar previewed a couple clips from CARS at WonderCon in San Francisco last weekend. Here's a description of the clips shown. More interestingly, below is a collection of blog comments I found online that offers some sense of what WonderCon attendees thought of the clips. Discuss amongst yourselves.

Ohmi

They showed a couple of clips of it. Ugh Nascar.. and the main car character makes me think Nemo got turned into a Nascar car :P I sure hope this movie is better than it seems to be.

DocPockets

Pixar showed updated trailers to Cars that looks much better than the advanced trailers we saw last year (it's a very NASCAR movie, with some camera moves that are impossible in the real world. It looked cool.)

Macaco

Also I saw One Man Band and CARS IS GOING TO BE SO AWESOME oh my god I cannot even describe, it looks AMAZING they showed the first sequence in the film and like... I really don't like cars much but that bit they showed us... man it made me want to go hump a lambhorghini.

Michael

Overall, the trademark Pixar humor is still there, but I felt the topic of auto-racing limited its potential, as the footage didn't make me more excited about seeing the film.

SFist

The Pixar panel was pretty snooze-inducing, but we did get to see the Oscar-nominated short "One Man Band." We only wish Cars looked half as entertaining as that short.

Elton Wong

The clips shown generated excitement and laughter from the crowd. Looks like Disney and Pixar's merger will prove to be a valuable partnership in the long run.

Ryan Olsen

"Cars" looks a lot better with some of the fully-rendered clips presented by a panel from Pixar. The details are pretty breathtaking, IMO. Before I was concerned because the cars looked like Silly Putty in last-year's trailer. I'm still a little ambivalent, but I'm willing to see it.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » February 16th, 2006, 12:27 pm

God I can't wait for this movie.

EDIT: By the way what happened to the other two trailers? It's like they fell off the face of the earth.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 19th, 2006, 9:55 pm

Entertainment Weekly has a very short feature on Cars in their "Spring Movie Preview" issue this week. (even though Cars is a summer movie)
There are some rough drawings of some of the characters.

Also, there is this factoid that the main red character started out with "57" on him (for John Lassetter's birth year :wink: ) but they decided to change it to "95"--indeed, it's a very deliberate reference to Pixar's breakout year.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » February 20th, 2006, 9:59 am

Do you have any scans?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 20th, 2006, 2:36 pm

Sorry...I don't have the mag and I'm not sure how to do scans.

It really wasn't very much at all, I think you could see the same stuff on the Pixar/Luxo sites. :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » February 20th, 2006, 5:46 pm

I like the new spot for Cars. Holy carp, am I looking foward to that racing scene. And I KNEW Mador was gonna say "Get Er Done" at some point during the movie. :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 1st, 2006, 8:22 pm

I loooooooove those plushies. Boy do I want one now! :)

This is kinda cool: (Inside look at Pixar)

http://www.harrymccracken.com/blog/arch ... sit_t.html

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kaszubas » March 2nd, 2006, 6:42 pm

...and another new trailer :) this time the French one !

http://animated-news.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1192

Some really cool new shots !!!

:D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

First parts of official 'Cars' website now open!

Post by markjochems » March 4th, 2006, 7:05 am

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 4th, 2006, 3:48 pm

Gah, that trailer's awesome! I wonder why the English trailers are always second-best to others.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by chernabog » March 8th, 2006, 11:12 am

It dawned on me this morning how appropriate it would be for Herbie to make a cameo in Cars. Y'know, in the background like in loads of other Disney films. Still, the odds of this happening are pretty slim. Such a waste... such a waste. :cry:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 8th, 2006, 1:39 pm

Well, now that The Mouse and The Lamp are married... ;)