Disney Pixar's Cars

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 9th, 2006, 3:24 pm

*shrug* Finding Nemo had no antagonist. Many people usually forget that not all movies involve the same conflict. Most animation are person vs. person, but there are others. Finsing Nemo, for example, was a person vs. nature conflict.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » January 9th, 2006, 7:16 pm

technically it was still nature vs nature =P

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 9th, 2006, 11:23 pm

I imagine that there is a villain in "Cars" that we have yet to see in the ads.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 11th, 2006, 4:16 pm

The number on Lightning McQueen's car is 95. Knowing Pixar's penchant for inside jokes I doubt it's coincidence that '95 just happens to be the breakout year for Pixar when their very first feature film, Toy Story, was released!
In the newest trailer, the "95" is the first thing you see. :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

Lino

Post by Lino » January 13th, 2006, 5:51 pm

"Cars" is going to be an interesting film. Its alot of what you'd expect from pixar, I mean it two funny chracter leading a group of other funny chracters, exactly like Toy story, Monsters inc, and finding Nemo. On the orther hand it really looks like its PG material, alot of inside jokes that you'd expect from DW, such as the sixtys werent good 2 u or is that a pinstripe tatoo? (international). The chracters look like something out of "Tickle U" and I dont know whats with that mooing plow but I think theyll pull through as a hit like the rest of the Pixar flicks.

The trailers not that great but they keep us guessing, I have a feeling this flick will conclude with a race between Lightning and Hudson but who knows.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 13th, 2006, 10:29 pm

PG?

Maybe...
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 17th, 2006, 1:09 pm

I think the very unsure outline - let's face it, Cars is not getting Incredibles-type buzz is it, even from fans - and the summer slot will kill it, or make it a very middling blockbuster at best.

It'll do Chicken Little numbers, but nothing like Toy Story, Monsters Inc, Nemo or even The Incredibles.

Lino

Post by Lino » January 17th, 2006, 1:39 pm

pity

I think cars will certainly prove victor over films like monster house and the ant bully. Although "Cars" has been getting an awful amount of bad talk for an unreleased film, It doesnt mean much yet. So well just have 2 wait and see.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kaszubas » January 17th, 2006, 5:10 pm

Ben wrote:It'll do Chicken Little numbers, but nothing like Toy Story, Monsters Inc, Nemo or even The Incredibles.
hmmm... Why "even" ? "The Incredibles" is still second highest grosing Pixar flick. Only Nemo dis better in boxoffice. I hope that it will at least outperform "The Bug's life" in BO :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 17th, 2006, 6:40 pm

Not to mention there are like 15 animated movies coming out this year...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 17th, 2006, 8:25 pm

All I have to say is: "You go DreamWorks!" :twisted:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kaszubas » January 18th, 2006, 9:09 am

New pic from "Cars": http://www.moviesonline.ca/movie_gallery.php?id=7387 (link found on Luxo blog).
I knew that racing sequence from first teaser was early "work in progress" - looked weak and for me spoiled overall impression of quite nice (especialy from rendering and animation point of view) treaser. Lighting McQeen early concept was IMHO much worse so it turn out to be quite nice change :) Now it looks good to me :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 19th, 2006, 7:52 am

I LOVE those cars racing with him. The green one has a moustach! Aghh! :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kaszubas » January 19th, 2006, 8:16 am

Yep :) I like that they pump up nascar world - now it has much bigger scale and looks more like big athletic or football event - much more atractive than simple recreation of real NASCAR racing's look but with eyes instead of windshield. Vehicles are also much more actractive in their variability than those multipied generic nascar cars from original teaser. Another one of those things that bugged me in Cars' look when I watched that teaser passed away :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 31st, 2006, 9:48 pm

Hmmm..... :)

Scroll down to Mr. Fun's post:

http://www.animationnation.com/ubb/ulti ... 1;t=011060

The Japanese trailer does look cool.