The New DVD and Blu Thread

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 5th, 2006, 8:34 am

(Hush...Hush Sweet Charlotte, All About Eve,

There's this funny story I read a long time ago:

It was this profile of Bryan Singer around the time that X2 came out. The article mentions that even with his talent, he's awfully young and sometimes ignorant about classic Hollywood.

For example, Ian McKellon told them that once Bryan called him, all excited, and asked: "Hey, I just watched this great movie! Have you ever heard of it? It's called 'All About Eve'!"

:?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 5th, 2006, 1:57 pm

Idiot. :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » October 6th, 2006, 12:43 pm

recent DVDs:

Veronica Mars season 1
Lost season 2
The Iron Giant
Hot Shots
The Pagemaster
The Little Mermaid

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 8th, 2006, 10:27 pm

Aside from Little Mermaid I haven't gotten any DVDs, but I finally got an ipod. (never had one before)

On my list is South Park Season 8, The Critic, Red Eye, and Breakfast on Pluto. (Cillian Murphy Independent film)

Also The Iron Giant, The Great Mouse Detective, the new Peter Pan 2-disc that's coming out, and Oliver and Company. :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 9th, 2006, 12:11 am

ShyViolet wrote: On my list is South Park Season 8, The Critic, Red Eye, and Breakfast on Pluto. (Cillian Murphy Independent film)
Great list SV :wink: I assume your mentioning the cartoon "The Critic" right? You'll love the the DVD! It has great little web-episodes and other special features you'll enjoy :)

Also the Iron Giant, The Great Mouse Detective, the new Peter Pan 2-disc that's coming out, and Oliver and Company :)
I already have all these, but I'm sad that Disney is re-releasing Peter Pan again. I just got the last special edtion, so there goes my hope of optaining this :(. Lucky that I don't have "The Fox and The Hound" now that the 25th anniversary is coming out this Tuesday :D.

Though the real reason for its re-release is to promote the sequel that's coming out in December. Very sly Disney, but I'm not complaining, the sequels looks faithful! :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 9th, 2006, 5:26 am

You give a lot of leeway to these sequels, right DJ? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » October 9th, 2006, 7:40 am

Why in the world does the Fox and the Hound need a sequel?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 9th, 2006, 8:13 am

Not even that - it's another "mid-quel", JUST so they can use the fluffy young versions of the characters.

Phooey! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 9th, 2006, 1:59 pm

Ben wrote:You give a lot of leeway to these sequels, right DJ? ;)
*gasp* who told you :wink:. Ya pretty much Ben, its just not all of them are bad, but some really are. Bad = Hunchback 2, Goofy 2, Mermaid 2, Atlantas 2, and I think that's it, all the rest I enjoy and love :D.
Ben wrote:Not even that - it's another "mid-quel", JUST so they can use the fluffy young versions of the characters.

Phooey! :)
Its beats seeing Tod and Copper old and boring :wink: I think there great little, so what an opportunity for Disney. Not to mention Reba, and Patrick Swayzie are in it :) Has anyone seen the previews? It looks well drawn like Bambi II (I love) And the music sounds really wonderful. But again, words from a fan of practically everything :D Yay for mid-quels!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 10th, 2006, 3:30 pm

No, it's not as well drawn as Bambi II. It's as well drawn as Mermaid II and a little better than Hunchback and Cinders II.

The illusion of individually colored character lines makes it look a lot better.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 10th, 2006, 4:59 pm

Ok Ben :( but I really cant tell, just from 1 minute previews. But most likly your right. Though I've seen comparisons to the original and it looks a lot better :wink:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 10th, 2006, 10:47 pm

Basically, the animation has been outsourced and is being done in Japan, si it's not the Australian crew, which has been getting better and better.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 10th, 2006, 11:05 pm

Jeez Ben I get it :), you didn't need to repeat yourself on the Little Mermaid thread as well :wink: but I didn't know that, so thanks for the info :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » October 11th, 2006, 5:43 pm

Ben wrote:Basically, the animation has been outsourced and is being done in Japan, si it's not the Australian crew, which has been getting better and better.
I might have asked this before, but was the Australian crew in any way involved with A Goofy Movie? Because there is one part in The Lion King 1 1/2 where Timon does a movement in the beginning, and the animation is VERY reminicent of A Goofy Movie

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 11th, 2006, 5:45 pm

"A Goofy Movie" was animated in Paris, if I'm not mistaken.