Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » July 5th, 2008, 1:00 am

"I eat danger for breakfast."

"You hungry?"

"Starving!"

Already I can't wait to see this.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » July 5th, 2008, 1:49 am

Good God, has anyone seen that trailer for that godawful looking chihuahua movie?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » July 5th, 2008, 10:53 am

Yes. Please don't mention it ever again. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » July 5th, 2008, 12:34 pm

The trailer for Beverly Hills Chihuahua doesn't hint at the actual plot; a kidnap-and-rescue 'caper' which -- while not terribly original -- still looks like harmless fun.

It looks to be at least as entertaining as Cats & Dogs (though, I know that in most people's estimation, that's not saying much .. but I liked C&D). :idea:

---------------

On another note, I just saw Get Smart last night .. and, while it wasn't a completely faithful adaptation of the show, it was still very enjoyable! :) I'm not sure why it hasn't been doing better business.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » July 5th, 2008, 12:41 pm

It looks like crap, and I hate that i have to sit through it in order to watch Wall-e

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » July 5th, 2008, 3:09 pm

I don't think the trailer for Beverly Hills Chihuahua is half as bad as many other people seems to think. It's not a masterpiece in teaser trailer history or anything. Still, I enjoyed the trailer - and I really believe more people did than are admitting it.

Looking at other message boards, you'd think the trailer was for Kazaam 5: Kazaam in Space!, a $10,000 budget, direct-to-Lifetime movie directed by Uwe Boll and starring Shaquille O'Neal, Pauly Shore and Kathy Griffin. With soundtrack by Kevin Federline and Vanilla Ice.

Sure, the Beverly Hills Chihuahua trailer is corny. But I think it's corny in a fun, entertaining way. I'd rather see it than some cliché or boring trailer.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » July 5th, 2008, 4:00 pm

I kinda agree with you, Josh. The trailer's been getting a LOT of bad rep for some reason. I think it's pretty cute.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » July 5th, 2008, 7:59 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 5th, 2008, 8:49 pm

Looks... funny. Not as bad as I was expecting.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » July 5th, 2008, 11:45 pm

Mm, that's been around for a while.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 6th, 2008, 1:39 am

You're right, I must have missed the trailer first time around. It's funny, A_d's YouTube link is the exact one Josh posted.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » July 6th, 2008, 2:57 pm

ATTENTION PEOPLE

I request someone get me an MP3 of the Dark Knight trailer music please and thank you

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » July 6th, 2008, 5:43 pm

Has anybody else seen Donkey Xote?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 7th, 2008, 6:44 am

As mentioned on the front page today, I sat in on three movies yesterday: Caspian, Kung Fu Panda and Hancock.

Happy to talk about them more in depth, but briefly:

CASPIAN - boring book, boring film. A very long boring film.

PANDA - just as much fun as everyone says. Best DWA movie? Well it's the best looking, most cinematically framed and shot, but not the best written, and therefore not the best overall effort. The lack of pop-culture references was a big plus, the voices were expertly cast and played, but the story was just a little bit too simple. I think they could have had a bit more meat to it, but that's not to say that it's not up there with DWs' best. Excellent recommendation.

HANCOCK - a mixed bag, again as everyone has said. Good opening, but then it throws away its high concept premise for a bunch of nonsensical plot diversions and skips on what could have been something really interesting: instead of having the usual big burly villain coming back for revenge, how about having someone closer to Hancock (and those who have seen it will know who I mean) wanting a fuller revenge. The "twists" were nothing of the sort - Peter Berg's direction makes it painfully clear there's something up with Charlize Theron's character <I>in her first shot</I> - and though I didn't mind the tonal shift mid-way, I did think the camerawork was indeed often overwrought, and everything was played out to tie up way too neatly in the end.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » July 7th, 2008, 11:18 am

Hmmm....The other day, a friend of mine was raving about Hancock and said I should see it. I guess one man's trash is another man's treasure. Although with all the other movies still coming soon, I'll probably have to wait and see Hancock on dvd.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83