DreamWorks' SHREK

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 22nd, 2007, 8:23 pm

I think I like them about the same, maybe the first one a little more, but they're both really funny and have a lot of heart. I didn't care for ALL the jokes, (particularly the scatological stuff, which always turns me off no matter what the film) but it always registers with me.

I think the first one will always be my fave however. :wink: It pretty much marks my the start of my devotion to all things DreamWorks. :) "Men of Faarquad's stature are in SHORT supply.... There are those who think LITTLE of him!" Awesome line! :)

And I loved Puss in Boots! <3 Wink
Yeah, he was the BOMB! :P

BTW love your new sig Dan! :D That's the cutest thing ever! :wink: 8)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 23rd, 2007, 1:05 pm

BTW love your new sig Dan! That's the cutest thing ever!
But...I thought you said my sig was the cutest thing ever... :cry:

J/K. :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 23rd, 2007, 3:21 pm

ShyViolet wrote:I think the first one will always be my fave however. :wink: It pretty much marks my the start of my devotion to all things DreamWorks. :)
I see. So that's how it started? :lol:
ShyViolet wrote:Yeah, he was the BOMB! :P
Naturally. 8)
ShyViolet wrote:BTW love your new sig Dan! :D That's the cutest thing ever! :wink: 8)
Aww, thanks, Vi. :)

Its just my little way, of spreading the word. :P

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 24th, 2007, 6:12 am

Group hug! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 29th, 2007, 7:24 pm

It's really funny, when I was in Ithaca someone actually dared to ask JK: "Is Shrek a satire of Disney?" Then there was this pause, and K just smiled and said: "It's a satire." Everyone broke up then. :) :P
I see. So that's how it started? Laughing
Yeah pretty much. I saw the film in theaters, was entertained by it if a little shocked (I couldn't believe the stuff they put in there!) Then I started hearing about all this DreamWorks vs. Disney stuff and the whole Duloc/Faarquad connection, and I was like: "You. have. Got. To be kidding me." I knew about the whole Katzenberg/Eisner thing of course, (it seemed to me like it had been going on for years and years... 'cause basically it was.) but never thought it would actually filter down to an animated film! :wink:

That fascinated me, and it pretty much went on from there. :wink:

Honestly, I didn't think a whole lot about DreamWorks before that, mostly thought of it as "The Spielberg company." :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 4th, 2007, 10:40 pm

Did anyone here watch the new trailer? (It took me a while to get it dowloaded--it's quicktime though.)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » February 5th, 2007, 3:29 pm

I have! It was waaaay better than the teaser, though I'm still skeptical this will be as good as the first two films.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kinoo » February 5th, 2007, 4:33 pm

I have the bad impression to always see the same background ( forest, greeny thingy, blue skyish tones...) from film to film. Too classical! And the animation doesn't look amazing compared to the previous one. As for the story, I don't care about Artie, not appealing at all, and the princess girls band is ridiculous. Hope to be surprised anyway.
[url=http://www.pixar-room.com][img]http://pixarroom.free.fr/PIXAR%20PICS/mai2007/R.jpg[/img][/url]
http://www.inbedwithkinoo.canalblog.com

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » February 5th, 2007, 5:08 pm

And the animation doesn't look amazing compared to the previous one.
Maybe that's because of all the pretty CG we've seen since the last one came out... :wink: :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 6th, 2007, 1:45 am

I thought the new trailer, was awesome! :D It was so much better than the teaser, its scary!

Now lets hope its has good as 2, my fave! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kinoo » February 6th, 2007, 4:05 am

Meg wrote:
And the animation doesn't look amazing compared to the previous one.
Maybe that's because of all the pretty CG we've seen since the last one came out... :wink: :P
Well, the animation in the Ratatouille and Surf's Up trailers DID impress me so...
[url=http://www.pixar-room.com][img]http://pixarroom.free.fr/PIXAR%20PICS/mai2007/R.jpg[/img][/url]
http://www.inbedwithkinoo.canalblog.com

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 6th, 2007, 6:17 pm

Glad you guys (mostly :P) liked it! :) :wink:

I had a feeling it would be much better than the first teaser, based on what I saw at the preview. The first teaser just made it look like a "typical Shrek film" maybe so people don't get alienated or something.

But the trailer--lots of new stuff. :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 7th, 2007, 8:35 pm

BTW Ben, have you seen the new Shrek trailer yet? :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 8th, 2007, 6:15 am

It seems to have been taken down from the Empire site I tried to look at it on.

It's going to debut on TV I think, and then come back online, unless anyone has another link?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 9th, 2007, 9:21 am

Sorry Ben, I looked on Yahoo! Movies, YouTube, Quicktime and the official site and none of them have it yet. :(

I'm sure they will soon.

Also, here's an interesting JHM article on DW, although it pretty much doesn't say anything we don't already know...why isn't Jim discussing what's going on at Mickey's Lamp? I"d think that's more important right now...:?

(and I'm sure there have GOT to be more interesting Disney in-jokes in Shrek the Third than a butch Snow White's tattoo that reads "Dopey" ....:roll:)

http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/ ... y-for.aspx