Batman Begins

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 1st, 2006, 5:24 am

This is awesome! Thanks for posting it, Ben. :)

Really glad Nolan is back....

Any news on Scarecrow or a possible Robin?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 1st, 2006, 5:30 am

Does this mean we'll have a love scene between the Joker and Batman?

Well, you do have to wonder what those words "You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?" REALLY meant. :roll:

Or Bruce Wayne "dumping" Vickie Vale for the Joker...

Vickie: I need to know...are we going to try to love each other?
Bruce: I'd like to...but he's out there....and I've got to go to work.

(J/K)

:P
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by i_cartoon123 » August 4th, 2006, 11:49 am

Hi all,

Thanks for the post Ben, but I gotta say that I'm disappointed in the title. I was hoping for "Batman Agains"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » August 4th, 2006, 11:52 am

"Batman Agains"? Ha ha. I like that.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » August 6th, 2006, 6:35 pm

slightly off topic, is anyone else looking forward to The Prestige? It looks awesome.

Heath Ledger is a surprising and interesting choice for the joker. definitely made me more curious about it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 6th, 2006, 10:32 pm

I hope Nolan concentrates less on Bruce and more on the villain this time around.

Scarecrow should have been a much bigger focus in Begins because basically he and Bruce were reflections of each other; both of them spring from crippling childhood fear and both are seeking to control that fear. Except Bruce is using that control to harness his fear and benefit others; Scarecrow is using it to hurt others. But in many ways they are the same person.

I don't mean to put Nolan down or anything, but I think Tim Burton would probably have explored this more fully. The them of "the hero and villain reflect each other" was very much seen in Batman 1 and 2.

The Joker and Bruce were each other's dopplegangers; in Batman Returns the real theme is that Bruce is just as much a "freak" and outsider as The Penguin. (the fact that he and Oswald Cobblepot both spring from wealth is mentioned) No one is really on Batman's "side"'; not even the fickle citizens of Gotham who cheer Oswald and boo Batman, then abandon Oswald just as easily. Batman, like the Penguin, has been scarred by society as a child and will thus always remain alone.
After all, the Penguin says: "I think you're jealous that I'm a genuine freak, and you have to wear a mask."

Anyway, these are just my thoughts. :wink: :roll:
Last edited by ShyViolet on August 7th, 2006, 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 7th, 2006, 7:21 am

Scarecrow was the best thing about Begins, and they used him, what, twice? And even then not fully.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 7th, 2006, 1:14 pm

I know. His scenes are defintely the best. :) :wink:

Plus what the heck even happened to him in the end? He gets shocked by Katie Holmes and the horse he's riding runs away?? That's just so lame. What about a "final confrontation" or closure with Bruce? (I guess that's what Ducard is for, but I didn't think his character was as interesting as the film seems to think he is.) Crane's the guy who basically engineered the fear toxin scheme, tried to kill Bruce's "girlfriend", tried to kill Batman. You'd think Bruce would want some real payback after that, at least for roughing up his woman. :wink: :roll:

The entire theme of the film is basically fear and its affects, how it creates villains and heroes. And the villain who makes fear his life's work is the one with the fewest scenes?? LAME.

Murphy said he loved playing Scarecrow, so maybe he'll come back. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 7th, 2006, 7:59 pm

Um, don't get me started on Batman Begins... :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » August 7th, 2006, 8:21 pm

I enjoyed it. It's not the best movie in the world, no, but I enjoyed it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 8th, 2006, 2:20 am

It would be kinda funny if Jack Nicholson had a cameo! :P :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 10th, 2006, 6:26 am

This is kind of a neat video: (well, the song is awesome)

:P
Last edited by ShyViolet on September 30th, 2006, 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 10th, 2006, 11:21 pm

The original Batman '89 trailer. Notice it's LESS THAN TWO MINUTES LONG and was considered to be a "full" trailer. Today's trailers are 5-6 minutes on average. And yet this trailer was one of the reasons this film was one of the biggest box-office grocers ever.

I know it's considered 'old style' and might not be everyone's cup of tea...but man oh man....love how those original trailers were directed. :D
Mega awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWKl2AA2SFo

And this;

Fake of course....but very cool! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1kZbk2V3tI
Last edited by ShyViolet on September 30th, 2006, 10:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 10th, 2006, 11:53 pm

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 11th, 2006, 9:34 am

5/6 minutes long??

A modern trailer is between 2 and 3:30 minutes max!