Chronicles of Narnia

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » January 31st, 2008, 2:12 pm

Here's the new poster:
http://www.waldenfans.com/gallery/album ... eetbig.jpg
It's amazing,can't wait for the film :D.
Ah,look,it's even shows Reepicheep,that's cute,he looks exactly like how i imagined it.
There's rumors of Tilda Swinton's back as the White Witch (Jadis),since In the book the hag and the werewolf tried to revive her,i forgot about that scene
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JustinWilliams » March 27th, 2008, 2:56 pm

If you can't wait until June to watch 'The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian', ODEON have managed to secure a trailer with an introduction from Ben Barnes HERE
- we've seen a lot of it already, but thought it was worth the mention! :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » March 27th, 2008, 5:21 pm

I won't lie. I hated the first film. Completely. I never liked the book, either, so it's not surprising the movie did nothing for me. However, I recall that I did enjoy Prince Caspian and Voyage of the Dawn Treader when I read those (it was about ten years ago, so my memory's a bit foggy) so I'm willing to give the new film a fair chance. If I don't think it's any better than the first one, I won't watch any more of the series, simple as that (as mind-numbingly awful as the the first one was, its popularity baffles me. It's Lord of the Rings Lite. The entire movie just screams "I know we're not Peter Jackson but please like us anyway!").
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JustinWilliams » March 27th, 2008, 5:32 pm

Um ok. Thanks for telling me. :roll:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 27th, 2008, 7:30 pm

I think eddie was just making his opinion known to all of us, Justin. And fair doos!

Disney is already lining up a second series in case Narnia doesn't make it past four films. It's pretty well known around here that I didn't much care for the first. It was over edited for a start and should not have been cut like a cartoon or for kids with attention spans of 0.2 seconds. And it did - just like the books, written by CS Lewis in response to Tolkien (they were both book club buddies) - feel like a Rings derirative.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » March 27th, 2008, 8:41 pm

Once Upon A Dream wrote:Here's the new poster:
http://www.waldenfans.com/gallery/album ... eetbig.jpg
It's amazing,can't wait for the film :D.
Ah,look,it's even shows Reepicheep,that's cute,he looks exactly like how i imagined it.
I knew the one Good thing about getting Andrew "Shrek 1&2" Adamson for Narnia was that Reepicheep would be a rodent version of Puss in Boots. :)

(As opposed to Warwick Davis in a suit, in the BBC TV version--
He seemed a good sport, but don't think that would've worked for big screen.)
There's rumors of Tilda Swinton's back as the White Witch (Jadis),since In the book the hag and the werewolf tried to revive her,i forgot about that scene
Yep, you can see her in the preview (under exact named book-plot excuses), if you don't blink.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JustinWilliams » March 28th, 2008, 6:29 am

think eddie was just making his opinion known to all of us, Justin. And fair doos!
Ahh I see Ben. Yes, I see now. Thought it was a response to the trailer - which it is in a way - nevermind! Cheers Eddie! :)

I've just got a press DVD for Caspian with 4 clips of new footage, film stills and set photographs. There's also an interesting conversation on the DVD with the Director about where the line of films may stop. When I'm able to, I'll go into more detail. :shock:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » March 28th, 2008, 7:35 am

eddievalient wrote:I won't lie. I hated the first film. Completely. I never liked the book, either, so it's not surprising the movie did nothing for me. However, I recall that I did enjoy Prince Caspian and Voyage of the Dawn Treader when I read those (it was about ten years ago, so my memory's a bit foggy) so I'm willing to give the new film a fair chance. If I don't think it's any better than the first one, I won't watch any more of the series, simple as that (as mind-numbingly awful as the the first one was, its popularity baffles me. It's Lord of the Rings Lite. The entire movie just screams "I know we're not Peter Jackson but please like us anyway!").
Is there a reason why you hated the first one? :).
Anyway I think my favorite books were LWW,Prince Caspian and the Silver Chair.
And Reepicheep does looks like Puss In Boots.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JustinWilliams » March 28th, 2008, 5:54 pm

An interesting Rotten Tomatoes exclusive HERE

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JustinWilliams » April 2nd, 2008, 5:57 am

Disney's INSIDER article looks at 'Orchestrating Magic in Narnia ... All Over Again' with an interview mostly from director/producer/co-writer Andrew Adamson's point of view.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JustinWilliams » April 2nd, 2008, 11:32 am

It may be new just to me, but I'm also enjoying the more informative Director & Cast trailer HERE called 'Journey Back into Narnia' where it talks about the new film and the differences between the first and current. It's nice to hear the cast too. A very nicely made trailer in my opinion.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 2nd, 2008, 2:55 pm

Wow, yes, it just looks and sounds like it has "more" of everything, going by what the crew mumble about. A better look at the production, though, yes.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 23rd, 2008, 12:54 pm

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » May 17th, 2008, 11:26 am

Saw "Prince Caspian" last night. I gotta say this one is much better than Wardrobe was. I felt that Wardrobe tried too hard to emulate LOTR and failed in the attempt. Here, the filmmakers stepped back and tried to establish their own unique voice and it works. The story is better, the action is more intense and the allegorical elements were not as prevalent. All in all, this is the film Wardrobe should have been. Four stars out of five.
Something I thought was interesting: If the Narnia stories are supposed to be some kind of Christian allegory with Aslan standing in for Jesus, then it's kinda cool that he calls on the Greek god Poseidon (sp?) for help in the climax. It says to me that the filmmakers are telling us we should all cooperate and if we work together we can do great things. As a Wiccan, I agree with that wholeheartedly and it's nice to see that viewpoint here instead of there being a theme of Us vs. Them. Or maybe I'm just reading too much into this (what do you want from me? I just got a degree in film studies!)
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » May 17th, 2008, 1:59 pm

I also saw the film last night. My only problem was character development was lacking, so your attachment to the characters wasn't as much as in the first movie. I didn't care as much if character lived or died in this one, or came back. I do agree there was a lot more intense action and it looked a lot nicer, but the characters could have been better.
I never actually read this book so I don't know if it happened the same way. But I didn't think that that was Posideon in the movie.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]