"Happily N'Ever After"

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Rio » January 2nd, 2007, 4:16 pm

This looks like one of the ugliest movies ever made.

And what's the deal with the apostrophe in the title (logo)

"Happily N'ever After"

Hmm... it just makes me wonder.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 2nd, 2007, 4:21 pm

Wasn't there a faux Snow-White sequel back in 1994 called "Happily Ever After"? :?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 2nd, 2007, 4:21 pm

Wasn't there a faux Snow-White sequel back in 1994 called "Happily Ever After"? :?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 2nd, 2007, 4:26 pm

Rio - I was thinking the same thing myself. Maybe the apostrophe is just for...spunk? I dunno.... :?

ShyViolet - It rings a bell. I know that there was a really hooky film called Snow White and the Seven Dwarf-Elves that was released some years back, but I'm not sure if it is the same film you are talking about. I'll have to look that up....

What confuses me about this film is the fact that it wasn't advertised very well. From the sound of it, a teaser was released a while back, but other than that...the only other things that have been put out is an official website and a trailer. Kinda weird, if you ask me. Maybe they were afraid to advertise it because the film isn't very..."exceptional". (heh) :P
Last edited by Mitch on January 2nd, 2007, 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Welcome to hell." - Skinner

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Rio » January 2nd, 2007, 4:26 pm

I'm not sure but I guess it's they're attempt at being gangsta when they have it "N'ever"... it's just dumb... look at the logo... it's HIDEOUS!
Last edited by Rio on January 2nd, 2007, 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 2nd, 2007, 4:29 pm

Rio - (snigger) "Hideous". That made me laugh... :lol:

Yeah, it's pretty ugly. It screams "girly-girl", in my opinion. :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Rio » January 2nd, 2007, 4:37 pm

What makes me mad is that everything in the previews makes everything look either too round or too pointy. That's why I didn't care for Ice Age, everything was too pointy-looking.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 2nd, 2007, 4:41 pm

Rio - Talk about it -- and the colors are...all over the place. Purple on pink; blue on yellow.... :P *gets dizzy*

And you thought that Ice Age was "pointy"? Everything seemed very well-rounded to me. I absolutely love that film and its sequel, but let's not get off the subject. ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 2nd, 2007, 4:46 pm

ShyViolet wrote:Wasn't there a faux Snow-White sequel back in 1994 called "Happily Ever After"? :?
Wow, Violet <I>really</I> wants to know about this! ;)

It was one of two features made by the then-dying Filmation, along with a Pinocchio "sequel". They were not direct follow-ups, wink-wink, of course, since Disney would have sued them, but they were promoted as such and indeed could easily work as direct continuations apart from the different character designs.

Snow White is pretty awful...I don't know if I've ever sat through the entire thing in one go (it's a pretty hard slog), but I have seen all of it and I think have it on tape somewhere. Pinocchio And The Emperor Of The Night is marginally better due to some effects sequences, but is otherwise best left for TV screenings, of which there don't seem to be many.

Footnotes at best. :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 2nd, 2007, 5:04 pm

Ben wrote: Snow White is pretty awful...I don't know if I've ever sat through the entire thing in one go (it's a pretty hard slog), but I have seen all of it and I think have it on tape somewhere. Pinocchio And The Emperor Of The Night is marginally better due to some effects sequences, but is otherwise best left for TV screenings, of which there don't seem to be many.
Ha! Yeah, that's what I thought. My mom worked on both of those.... :P

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 2nd, 2007, 5:58 pm

If memory serves, "Happily Ever After" was SO bad. Of course, I haven't seen it in ages.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 2nd, 2007, 8:47 pm

What makes me mad is that everything in the previews makes everything look either too round or too pointy. That's why I didn't care for Ice Age, everything was too pointy-looking.
I loved the visuals in Ice Age and it's sequel (which wasn't nearly as good as the original). It always looked like a museum display come to life.

(Hey! Night at the Museum anyone?)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 2nd, 2007, 8:56 pm

Meg wrote: (Hey! Night at the Museum anyone?)
Ditto that...big time. ;)

Only three days left until Happily N'Ever After comes out. Just three days until we get to see how bad the thing stinks.... :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 2nd, 2007, 9:36 pm

Three days, already? :shock: My, that was speedy. Danny is predicting, the movie will..... bomb!

Seriously, the movie looks that bad. And I love all kind of animation, but this? Its just tacky :x

You think, with the producer of Shrek and Shrek 2, it would look better :?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 3rd, 2007, 1:30 am

Danny - Yep -- my thoughts exactly! However, it is still only two days, two hours, and thirty more minutes until the thing comes out, so we can't judge just yet. ;)