[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » June 17th, 2008, 10:22 am

Watch the spoilers guys and gals!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » June 17th, 2008, 10:37 am

Saw "The Incredible Hulk" last night. I will always love and defend Ang Lee's film, but I'll admit that since this one was essentially a big screen remake of the classic TV show (complete with a blink-and-you-miss-it Jack McGee cameo!), I enjoyed it a lot more. I guess it's true that if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself. My mom saw it with me and she enjoyed it a lot too (which is kinda funny 'cause she likes most of the recent superhero flicks but she's never read a comic in her life. Go figure). Something interesting: Reportedly there was 70 minutes worth of footage left out (can you say "director's cut"?) and the final shot of Banner was left ambiguous on purpose.

One final note: For anyone here who might be interested, Walmart currently has the first four seasons of the TV series on sale for $20 a pop (I could only afford to get season one though). If you haven't picked it up yet, it would seem that now's the time. Happy Hunting!
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 17th, 2008, 4:17 pm

Ang Lee's film actually grew on me a little when I saw it for a second time recently. I'm still not crazy about it, though.

I definately like the new one better...
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 20th, 2008, 3:28 pm

Regarding the "ambiguous final shot of Banner"...was that the "final" shot in the US version?

Because the "extra bit" came not after the credits but between that final look to camera and the credits in the UK, with nothing after them save for the "visit Universal" card.

I actually thought it would have been a LOT cooler to place the "extra" post credits, as with Iron Man, because the movie had ended and it felt wrongly inserted in.

BTW, the final shot was left open on purpose...of course it was...we need another Hulk movie or The Avengers to happen!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » June 21st, 2008, 9:57 am

Ben: The ending is the same in the US with the "extra bit" pre-credit. However,
from what I've read, Marvel left the final shot of Banner ambiguous so that if Norton doesn't come back for a sequel, they can have the Hulk come back as a menace in the Avengers movie and say that he's learned to control it somewhat, thereby eliminating the need for an actor to play Banner. Pretty clever if you ask me. Shows that they're trying to maintain some sort of consistency between films.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 21st, 2008, 11:29 am

I hope that's not the case. I love seeing Edward Norton as Bruce Banner. Besides, budget wise, I doubt that they'd want to have him as the Hulk all the time anyway.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 21st, 2008, 5:45 pm

But the fact that they've changed the cast between both Hulk movies makes that redundant. And TIH <I>is</I> a sequel as much as a re-boot...it doesn't start the franchise off "again" and is clearly a continuation of story the Ang Lee film started.

I think Norton will be back, basically.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 23rd, 2008, 2:59 pm

Teaser trailer for Disaster Movie!

I have to admit, it actually got a few laughs from me. :oops: Namely the Enchanted bit, and Hannah Montana one. I just can't believe how recent some of the spoofs movies are, like Iron Man, You Don't Mess With The Zohan and Hancock; which hasn't even opened yet! :o

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » June 23rd, 2008, 3:07 pm

Noooooooooooooo!!!!! Giselle!!!! they killed her!!!! :cry: :evil:.
But the Hannah Montana and Sex and the City were funny XDD.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » June 23rd, 2008, 4:17 pm

wow. that looks so unbelievably terrible.

why do they keep making these movies

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 23rd, 2008, 7:21 pm

Um, since when is "Enchanted" a disaster movie?

For that matter, since when are "Iron Man", "High School Musical" and "Indiana Jones" considered disaster movies?

It would seem that they have absolutely no focus for this one...as usual.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » June 23rd, 2008, 8:24 pm

Doesn't seem as if much acting effort was put in either.
"Oh no, Hanna Montana's dead!"
:roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » June 24th, 2008, 3:42 am

High School Musical? when? (Gaberilla saw Hannah Montana?).

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 24th, 2008, 7:16 am

I think they mean that THIS movie is a disaster! ;)

Honestly...too much kicking, hitting, whacking, knocking...and not enough focus.

Ugh!