Bolt

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 17th, 2007, 8:08 pm

Eh, I've pretty much come to the same conclusion as well. I'm no longer upset that Sanders is out of the picture, sure I miss him, but its best to move on!

So... does anyone else, see a resemblance to 101 Dalmations II: Patch's London Adventure? :?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » February 17th, 2007, 11:30 pm

Yup, I do, though I've never seen the film myself.

I'm guessing there's some things Hill got wrong in his article though, as usual, so I'm not going to be too judgemental yet.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 18th, 2007, 12:54 am

Heh, I'm probably the only who has seen it. (on this board) Shame, its one of favorites! :)

Also, I just wanted to say, that I'm not really a long time reader of Jim Hill. I only started reading his articles, once I joined here. So, only recently, have I learned of the way he twist things. I'm sorry, that I kind of believe everything he writes. I've heard that he is reliable, but sometimes, more often than not, makes the situation worse, leaves information out, and, what I hear most often, makes Pixar look like the bad guy. (Unless I'm mistaken)

I really do hope, Jim, left certain details out for American Dog. Because honestly, I don't want a rehash of one of my favorite sequels, and I also doubt, Disney would plagerize itself.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by chernabog » February 18th, 2007, 10:00 am

I'm now starting to doubt this JimHill story. Pixar is not free from plagarising (Cars and Incredibles anyone?) but there is no way that Lasetter would commission a film that has this many similarities to another. Somewhere along the line Hill's sources seem to have got their wies crossed.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » February 18th, 2007, 1:46 pm

Yeah - remember when Jim started screeching about how Lassy cut Bowler Hat Guy from MTR? :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 18th, 2007, 3:58 pm

Nope, he did? Eek, why does Jim do this!? :(

And I agree, churn. I don't see him giving the green light, to a movie with so many similarities to another. Its just crazy!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 18th, 2007, 4:29 pm

Yeah - remember when Jim started screeching about how Lassy cut Bowler Hat Guy from MTR?
He said JL wanted to cut BHG? I thought just lessen his screen time or something....? :?:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » February 18th, 2007, 4:53 pm

Yup, he said Lasseter wanted to cut the character from the film entirely!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by american dog 4 life » February 18th, 2007, 5:03 pm

I will seriously bring a petiton to bring chris sanders,his character designs and story back.Ever since I saw the concept ar I was amazed and hooked.Please I say please bring him back.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by american dog 4 life » February 18th, 2007, 5:04 pm

Please bring back chris sanders hes the man his charcter designs were cute and the story was as well.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 18th, 2007, 6:01 pm

Welcome to the boards, american dog 4 life! :)

I really wish they could bring Chris back, because, like you, I felt he gave the film an edge, both character wise, and story. Unfortunetly, it seems he's no longer a part of the film. Whether that's a huge mistake or not, remains unkown.

IMO, its a gutsy gamble. And one I'm not to fond of. Time will tell, though! :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » February 18th, 2007, 6:36 pm

I felt he gave the film an edge, both character wise, and story.

Ah, so you've seen it then? :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 18th, 2007, 6:55 pm

Of course! :lol:

Nah, I was just referring to the early storyboards, and plot. Nothing more. But I can see how my words implied differently, my bad! :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by american dog 4 life » February 18th, 2007, 7:15 pm

I trully loved the character desighn.They were great the dog had a stitch feeling in which he is very small and cute same with the cat and rabbit.Also I think the rabbit was being voiced by thomas hayden church.O how great that would have been.

Also does anybody have all the concept art where we fans can see.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 18th, 2007, 9:53 pm

The only pics I've seen are the JHM ones, and a few others that were posted on the web:

Artwork is just breathtaking....I still don't know WHAT Lassetter could possibly be thinking.

:?
Last edited by ShyViolet on February 18th, 2007, 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!