"Happily N'Ever After"

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » February 20th, 2009, 10:28 pm

Having seen those test footages, I must say that I think this movie would have worked much better in traditional than CG. The style of the characters really do match the traditional way of doing things much better.

And having watched the trailer for #2, I have lost a lot of interest in seeing it. The trailer indicates that there is really no direction in the movie, it just appears to be one great big mess.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » February 23rd, 2009, 7:24 pm

Ben your right...This movie wouldve been perfect as a hand-drawn movie.It wouldve been like liongate was saying "Hey Disney and Dreamworks! This is what we think of your garbage!" But when it was turned into a cg movie it wasnt like that it was like "Oh god, another fairytale? Oh give me a break hollywood".

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 23rd, 2009, 7:43 pm

Exactly. It went from being something unique in the crowd that would have made impact (and a point) to being something following the rest of the crowd (and failing on all counts).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » February 26th, 2009, 8:18 am

when i told my older about this movie originally hand-drawn he said "If this movie was like that, that wouldve possibly paid tribute to Tex Avery's takes on fairy tales".