AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 17th, 2006, 6:23 pm

This is interesting: :wink:
Mr. Fun
IE # 63
Member # 352

posted April 15, 2006 10:12 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No doubt "Wilbur" is a good looking film. I've seen it, and yes, it still needs work.

But, have no fear John is here. And, as a top Disney executive told me this morning, "That's a good thing."
\
They hold the same values and goals but Toy Story and The Incredibles were bothe very different styles and I'm not sure but what MTR won't be in the middle of those two. That could've led to a bit of bickering.

I also wonder if Lassetter got Bird to take "the edge" off of some of Syndrome's scarier scenes..... :?: (Like when he kidnappes Jack-Jack)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 17th, 2006, 7:32 pm

I always found it kinda scary when he kidnaps Jack-Jack, but that may just be me.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

Banned
Banned

Post by Movie-Man » April 17th, 2006, 8:27 pm

That movie looks bad and from what I read what the film is about, it just sounds so damn stupid.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by chernabog » April 18th, 2006, 6:23 am

Movie-Man wrote:That movie looks bad
Seriously, what are you doing on an animation forum?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » April 19th, 2006, 8:04 am

Movie-Man wrote:That movie looks bad and from what I read what the film is about, it just sounds so damn stupid.
Which movie are you talking about? Is it Meet the Robinsons or The Incredibles? Because the previous post was about Syndrome so I wasn't sure. Either way, I'm not happy with that comment.

TI and MTR rule!

~~=oP

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by chernabog » April 19th, 2006, 8:05 am

I thought he was on about MTR but now that you bring it up I'm not really sure what film he was talking about. Either way he's wrong.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 19th, 2006, 8:40 am

Well, MTR hasn't com out yet, so I think it's a bit early to say whether it will be good or bad (I'm rooting for good). Sure, the teaser seems a bit thrown together but this film has potential (hopefully they can work out the kinks before it comes to theaters.)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » April 19th, 2006, 10:07 am

I wonder if one thing that Lsseter is changing at Disney is the style of movie announcements to a more Pixarian format. Typically when one Pixar movie comes out we get a teaser for the next and just "hear" about the one after that. By that standard of Disney were to do this we should've gotten a teaser for MTR with Chicken Little so perhaps the rush start a teaser circling was actually a Lasseter idea.

Of course this is also kind of a return to the old Disney format as well. Back when they released an annual summer animated blockbuster they would always show a teaser for the next years movie beforehand. :)
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kinoo » April 19th, 2006, 6:12 pm

Did you notice the possibly major spoiler in the teaser?
In a family pcture group frame we can see a grown up Wilbur? Maybe it's a dream or a projection or somthing... What if?
[url=http://www.pixar-room.com][img]http://pixarroom.free.fr/PIXAR%20PICS/mai2007/R.jpg[/img][/url]
http://www.inbedwithkinoo.canalblog.com

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » April 19th, 2006, 7:36 pm

Wow. How on Earth did you spot that?! I didn't even notice a family portrait. When do you see it in the trailer?

~~=oP

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 19th, 2006, 7:38 pm

I wonder if one thing that Lsseter is changing at Disney is the style of movie announcements to a more Pixarian format.
Yeah but wouldn't that have to do with marketing? Technically Disney has been handeling all the marketing for Pixar in the last ten years.

Hey Vixen that is SUCH a cute avatar! :wink: Did you make that yourself?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 19th, 2006, 9:46 pm

Yep, the animation of Bowler Hat Man is as good as people say. He'll be the best character in the film, I just know it.
I know how you feel....I was pretty stoked when I first saw Syndrome. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » April 19th, 2006, 10:59 pm

Good point ShyVi - I'm not exactly sure how that falls. The trailers are attached and it seems to me that "announcements" would fall more in the realms of Pixar's choice than Disney's. I dunno - I'll ask Bob or John the next time I see them. =P

As for the grown up Wilbur I saw what could be a grownup Lewis but not Wilbur. Where was that?

And I can guarantee you that PixarVixen made THAT icon *roles eyes*
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » April 19th, 2006, 11:01 pm

So I was wathing the previews before the wild.

And something comes up and I think to myself (Hey! That's... whoever it was' signature on forums!), and then I see "Meet the robinsons" and I'm like OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

Yeah. So now I finally have some clue as to what is UP with this movie.

Carry on with your conversation.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 20th, 2006, 9:57 am

Yeah, Syndrome's design ruled! :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."