Disney Pixar's Cars

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » September 6th, 2005, 12:36 pm

For those who are planning on getting the new Toy Story DVD, could you tell us how the Cars sneak Peek is?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 7th, 2005, 5:22 pm

JHM has a whole feature on it. (as was posted on the news section of AN)

www.jimhillmedia.com

I love the images and can't wait to get the toys! LOOOOOOVE toy cars. :roll:

This looks like a good film but not that different from the usual Pixar fare. Reminds me a lot of A Bug's Life aka the bright colors, eye designs and wide open spaces.

Those Pixar guys sure love Hawaiian shirts, don't they? :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 7th, 2005, 10:08 pm

Also here's a cool pic from the early days of Toy Story:

http://www.pixar.com/featurefilms/ts/behind.html
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » September 8th, 2005, 7:41 pm

Ugh...I can't get the Cars images. Is there a link you have to click or something? :?:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 8th, 2005, 8:50 pm

This is REALLY odd. I checked the JHM link/story and now all of the Cars pics are gone! :shock:

Now there's just the pic we know of Buzz and Woody. What's going on???

:?: :!:

EDIT: All the animation fan/websites are doing it. Apparently Pixar doesn't want the images to be distributed; (at least until the Toy Story DVD is officially released) they're pretty protective of their product I guess. I found out from this site:

http://pixaranimation.blogspot.com/2005 ... pdate.html

This doesn't surprise me since they don't allow tours of their studio either. Plus the fact that we know nothing about any other projects other than Cars and Ratopolis. They seem to be a very self-contained and somewhat secretive world, (how's that for alliteration?) which I guess works in their favor.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jens » September 9th, 2005, 8:08 am

I think it's mostly Disney that is asking the removal of the Cars images? No? They're in charge of the promotion of the movie...

The Disney Database was the first site with Bambi and the Great Prince stills on it, and I was also asked to remove them... After a lot of negotiating I could leave them on my site ;)
[url=http://www.disneydatabase.com]The Disney Database[/url] - All the Disney Magic in 1 site!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » September 9th, 2005, 2:40 pm

ShyViolet wrote: EDIT: All the animation fan/websites are doing it. Apparently Pixar doesn't want the images to be distributed; (at least until the Toy Story DVD is officially released) they're pretty protective of their product I guess. I found out from this site:
Oh, that's what happened. I clicked the link and when I found no Cars pics, I was begining to wonder if someone screwed up big time. :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 11th, 2005, 4:25 pm

HA! I got the one-up on them...just got the Toy Story DVD myself. And I've got to say that....

....although Cars looks just fantastic, it's vintage Pixar from the get-go. The little teaser we got almost a year ago is just a minuature version of what the film is going to be. (IMO) It's cute candy-colored cars (more alliteration! :o ) with sweet expressions interacting in a "Car" world as opposed to a "Human" world. (Like a Toy World, a Monster World and a Bug World) Instead of a restaurant there's a gas station where they comment on the kind of gasoline they're getting. Instead of a shoe store there's a tire store. It looks fun and exciting, but not terribly different from what we've seen in the past. John Lassetter hosts the clips and keeps emphasizing how fascinating it is that this is "a Car world with no humans" and all I could think was "Why?"
I mean, what's the PURPOSE of Cars without humans? Dare I ask if they have seats in side them, or doors, (well the convertables have seats I guess.) And if they do, what are they for? :?: :?:

OK maybe I'm being too literal, and I don't want to see cynical but...the chances that we are going to be surprised by what this film turns out to be are much less now. That's what I think anyway. It could still happen, but I doubt it. Oh, but this film will definetely do well, guys and little kids love cars and everyone loves Pixar. But how well....? THAT is the question.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » September 12th, 2005, 12:32 am

If the love of cars helped 2 Fast 2 Furious make over $120 million, then Cars may very well be as big as Finding Nemo.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » September 12th, 2005, 12:06 pm

I dunno - I'm wondering if Cars may (comparatively) tank 'cause Pixar isn't willing to give Disney its best effort on their "last" ptoduction together.
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 12th, 2005, 2:34 pm

Pixar can't afford not to make Cars as good as it can be, if they want to mainting their batting average and remain attractive to other studios.

It's The Mouse who has the upper hand here, and they could quite feasibly do a poor marketing job on the film if they know (by then) for certain if they get to keep ties with The Lamp.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 13th, 2005, 10:59 am

I think the fact that they pulled all the Cars images off the fansites has to do with their negotiations with Disney as well.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » September 13th, 2005, 4:03 pm

ShyViolet wrote:I think the fact that they pulled all the Cars images off the fansites has to do with their negotiations with Disney as well.
So d'you think that's a good or bad thing?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 13th, 2005, 7:40 pm

Not sure...it could be a good thing because maybe it means that Disney/Pixar are reaching the end or a deciding point of negotiations thus far. And it might also mean that Diz has some kind of leverage over Pixar and Pixar wants to remain extra careful with its product.
I hope it means that Pixar stays w/Disney! :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » September 13th, 2005, 8:04 pm

ShyViolet wrote:I hope it means that Pixar stays w/Disney! :wink:
Same here!