The Little Mermaid

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 8th, 2006, 5:55 am

Hey, according to this, Little Mermaid III is actually shaping up to be not bad; it might also get a title change, something "snappier." :)

http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... fecta.html
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 8th, 2006, 7:27 pm

Wow, awesome news! Not only is it being well received, but there actually going in and adding scenes! Yay! :)

And thank goodness their changing the title. The Little Mermaid III doesn't sound very unique.

Here's a title I wish they would do, but never will......

The Little Mermaid: Sorry about Return to The Sea . (I couldn't resist. ;))

Like I said before, Disney needs to redeem itself big time after the travesty that was TLM2.

It has Jodie, what could go wrong!?
Last edited by Daniel on June 30th, 2007, 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 9th, 2006, 11:22 am

I still find it amazing that you can hate TLM2 and love "Cinerella II", Dan. ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 9th, 2006, 4:29 pm

The Little Mermaid: Sorry about Return to The Sea
:lol: Now there's a title!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 9th, 2006, 5:11 pm

That's what I thought, Meg! :lol:
Wendy's Jane wrote:I still find it amazing that you can hate TLM2 and love "Cinerella II", Dan. ;)
Same here, WJ.

To me, Cinderella II was more original. It showed what happened after happily ever after, and didn't rehash what the original did. Having Anastasia turn nice and falling in love, was by far the most original feature for the sequel.

Now, Mermaid II was just a rehash, plain and simple. The original was -- Mermaid wants to become human, falls in love, gets wish and becomes human, happily ever after.

Sequel -- girl is confused, wants to become Mermaid, no love story, gets to zap away a big bridge and it ends. Just horrible. She didn't even stick to being a Mermaid. And the villain was just annoying and at the end she was just got frozen? Ursula got stabbed by a ship, and she got frozen!?

Sorry for the rant, but I really don't like the movie.
Last edited by Daniel on June 30th, 2007, 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 9th, 2006, 5:42 pm

To me, Cinderella II was more original. It showed what happened after happily ever after, and didn't rehash what the original did. Having Anastasia turn nice and falling in love was by far the most original feature for the sequel.
But it wasn't even an actual movie! It was just three stories.

Mind you, I don't hate it as much as some people do, but still...
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 9th, 2006, 6:04 pm

It was to me! J/k :P I know it was just three stories, but if you ignore that concept, you could easily picture each story as a separate day.
Wendy's Jane wrote:Mind you, I don't hate it as much as some people do, but still...
That's nice to know. :)

I've seen other boards that bash and praise it even more that this one. Crazy, I know!
Last edited by Daniel on June 30th, 2007, 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 9th, 2006, 6:07 pm

The bashing isn't surprising, but the praising? Very much so. ;)

I do kinda like the third story.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 9th, 2006, 6:20 pm

Haha, yup, praising! It was just some random forum, though, so who knows...

And ironically enough, WJ, the third story is my favorite, too! :)
Last edited by Daniel on June 30th, 2007, 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 11th, 2006, 11:48 pm

About Little Mermaid, I guess Ron 'n Jon are O.K. after all. I listened to the commentary and they seem like good guys, kinda funny too. :P

I guess I was kinda mad at them for scewering JK in Hercules (if that is who Hades was) :? and imitating him as being "grating" at the Aladdin A.S.F.I.A. thing :roll: , but I guess they were just doing it in fun as they made some similar references to him on the commentary, which were amusing. :wink: :) "Guys! I want more 'Die Hard'!" :P
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 14th, 2006, 7:26 pm

It has Jodie! What could go wrong!?..... Confused

If you've ever seen Joeph: King of Dreams, Jodie Benson does the voice of Joseph's wife! :) That's an amazing film and the songs are fantastic. :wink:

Plus even though this was DTV, it kind of refutes the notion that DW only hires "big stars"--OK, other than Ben Affleck (whose voice I didn't even recognize, to his credit :P) there's Mark Hammill, (now there's a Hollywood actor turned voiceover star if I ever saw one) Jodie Benson of course, and hey, remember Judith Light from Who's the Boss? :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 14th, 2006, 11:01 pm

She was also in Joseph? I didn't know that!
Last edited by Daniel on June 30th, 2007, 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 14th, 2006, 11:28 pm

She was also in Joseph? I forget

Yeah, she played Potiphar's "loose" wife....:P She did a great job. :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 15th, 2006, 10:43 am

"Joseph" is an okay movie. But the animation is a mess!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 15th, 2006, 10:10 pm

What do you mean exactly? :? I thought it was actually very good for a DTV. (Some of the POE animators were transferred to Joseph as well.) Just curious. :wink: