Peter Jackson's King Kong

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 6th, 2005, 5:44 pm

What I'd like is a picture of Renne Zellweger, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Reese Whiterspoon, Jessica Alba, Kiera Knightley and Fleur Delacour all in the same room together. Also, it wouldn't hurt if there were cameos by Emma Watson, Amber Tamblyn, Lindsay Lohan and that blonde girl who played Layla in "Sky High". Yeah, I could look at that picture for hours.

*ahem*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » December 6th, 2005, 6:02 pm

I like your avatar, VI.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 6th, 2005, 6:05 pm

Anyone remember what we were talking about?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 6th, 2005, 6:07 pm

I like your avatar, VI.
Thanks, Meg. I tried out Reed Richards briefly but decided to go with Scarecrow. :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 6th, 2005, 6:19 pm

Oh, so that's who it is.

Let's make this a "Batman Begins" thread, shall we?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 7th, 2005, 6:18 am

Wendy's Jane wrote:What I'd like is a picture of Renee Zellweger, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Reese Whiterspoon, Jessica Alba, Kiera Knightley and Fleur Delacour all in the same room together. Also, it wouldn't hurt if there were cameos by Emma Watson, Amber Tamblyn, Lindsay Lohan and that blonde girl who played Layla in "Sky High". Yeah, I could look at that picture for hours.

*ahem*
I wouldn't like a picture of that - I would like that to be REAL! :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 7th, 2005, 10:41 am

Uh, yeah. I swear, I'd die.

*ahem*

Anywayyyy, in related news, "King Kong" has gotten a surprisingly lukewarm review from comingsoon.net:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/reviewsnews.php?id=12224

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 8th, 2005, 11:54 pm

I don't know...I still think this movie will be awesome.

I think the expression "Less is more," isn't right ALL the time. People just say that so they can sound smart.

Some critics said that about the Fly (1986). I haven't seen 1958 Fly but there's no way I can believe that a goofy-if-fun movie from the 50's cold war era is better than the amazingly acted and plotted re-make a la David Cronenberg. And it wasn't just the special effects, either. :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » December 9th, 2005, 3:09 am

Wendy's Jane wrote:Uh, yeah. I swear, I'd die.

*ahem*

Anywayyyy, in related news, "King Kong" has gotten a surprisingly lukewarm review from comingsoon.net:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/reviewsnews.php?id=12224
Oh what a suprise a big movie getting bad reviews

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 9th, 2005, 10:24 am

The Fly 1958 and The Fly 1986 are very different films and one can't really compare them.

1958's film does not have the dense structure of Cronenberg's flick, but does have an eiree presence of its own, in that old Hammer/Victorian era kind of way.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 9th, 2005, 4:51 pm

Well, here's an article concerning some other reviews, and from the looks of things, comingsoon.net doesn't have the general opinion:
http://imdb.com/news/sb/2005-12-06#film1

And here's a very good review from EW:
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/review/mov ... 0_,00.html

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 10th, 2005, 7:15 pm

1958's film does not have the dense structure of Cronenberg's flick, but does have an eiree presence of its own, in that old Hammer/Victorian era kind of way.
I'll have to check it out.

Actually, The Fly from 1958 is based off this short story I think.

There's this great book you can buy that has all the original short stories from films:

The original stories from Minority Report, A.I., Memento, The Fly, Blade Runner, ("Do Androids dream of Electric Sheep?") and others.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

King Kong looks SCARY!

Post by ShyViolet » December 11th, 2005, 10:55 pm

Am I just weird, or was anyone else scared by the trailer?

I can't wait to see it, but I think it'll be wicked scary too. After all Peter Jackson DID direct horror films before he did LOTR.

It might also very well be nominated for Best Pic. I hope it wins! :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 12th, 2005, 2:09 pm

Don't we already have a "King Kong" thread?

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 12th, 2005, 2:20 pm

Here's another (and much better) review for "King Kong", also from comingsoon.net:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/reviewsnews.php?id=12314

And Tuesday's USA TODAY will feature a 4-page section devoted to the film. Woo-hoo!