Bolt

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » February 13th, 2007, 4:42 pm

Kinoo wrote:Just wait before condemning anything...
I think that's good advice, Kinoo. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 13th, 2007, 4:57 pm

Hmmmm........:wink:

Also, shouldn't we merge this thread with the other one? :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » February 13th, 2007, 5:25 pm

Yikes! Maybe we should re-name this the "Lasseter Bashing" thread.
LOVE that eyepatch doggie!
Pretty sure it was a cat... :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 13th, 2007, 5:26 pm

Kinoo wrote:Just wait before condamning anything...
Good advice, but, its kind of an unwritten law, that Disney fans like to complain about anything, so this should be an exception, why?

I'm not really one of them, but one should look at UD, to see what I mean.
Last edited by Daniel on June 14th, 2007, 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » February 13th, 2007, 5:29 pm

I don't care if JL didn't like "Lilo and Stitch"--A TON of people did, and that means something.
John Lasseter hates Lilo and Stitch? Since when? Sorry but I think you're being too hard on Lasseter here. When it comes down to we, we DON'T know why Sanders was kicked off the project - I'm sure it was much more than "Lasseter hates quriky humor and is eevviiiil!"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » February 13th, 2007, 5:31 pm

By any chance, does it remind anyone here of Ed TV or the Truman Show? (It also sounds a lot like the plot for Nurse Betty--has anyone seen that?)
Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of an Unerdog spoof, or -OMG!

That's why they're making an Underdog movie - to promote American Dog! :wink: :P
I don't care if JL didn't like "Lilo and Stitch"--A TON of people did, and that means something.
John Lasseter hates Lilo and Stitch? Since when? Sorry but I think you're being too hard on Lasseter here. When it comes down to we, we DON'T know why Sanders was kicked off the project - I'm sure it was much more than "Lasseter hates quirky humor and is eevviiiil!"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by chernabog » February 13th, 2007, 5:33 pm

Disney fans like to complain about anything
Not me, I've stuck with them through the bad times and remain their loyal servant. However, the good morale which was going around Disney studios this time last year seems to have virtually disappeared and Lasseter doesn't seem as open to new ideas as we may have thought.

I'll wait to see Meet The Robinsons before I can truly see his influence and I've been looking forward to that film for a long time, but I have a feeling that it's gonna feel like a Pixar 2 film.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » February 13th, 2007, 5:37 pm

Pixar 2 has got to be better than what they've been making for the past few years... :wink: :twisted:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by chernabog » February 13th, 2007, 5:45 pm

I disagree. Cars was good but nothing special and The Incredibles was one of the most overrated animated films I have ever seen. Pixar make good films, have even made a couple of great films but they don't take risks. Disney's output may not have been great over the past few years but it has taken risks and that's what excites me about Disney... No, that's what excites me about cinema in general.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 13th, 2007, 5:47 pm

Meg wrote:John Lasseter hates Lilo and Stitch? Since when?
Yup, its true. Check the link.
Last edited by Daniel on June 14th, 2007, 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » February 13th, 2007, 5:52 pm

Yawn, at the Lasseter bashing...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 13th, 2007, 6:01 pm

In some ways, he deserves it.

Well ok, not really. I'm just a little miffed since the cancelation of DTV's. :(
Last edited by Daniel on June 14th, 2007, 9:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by chernabog » February 13th, 2007, 6:07 pm

he deserves it.

This, and cancelling DTV's was the last straw!
Whoaa, whoaa, whoaa! I hope you're joking. JL is an amazing film maker, I'm just dubious about his plans for Disney. He doesn't deserve bashing by any means and as for cancelling DTV's... Surely that's a good thing? Aside form the fact that they were mostly poorly produced, unecessary and disrespectful of the original (Pocahontas 2 anyone?) they were also responsible for the public's growing mistrsut of the Disney company.

You go on any forum concerning a new Disney film and any non-fan is guaranteed to mention the fact that 'these guys are the same ones who produced Cinderella 3'.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 13th, 2007, 6:13 pm

Half joking. ;)

Yes, he is a great film maker, but I'm not to fond of many of his decisions.

Um, no. I love almost all DTV's so it's a shame, to see them go. Some are bad, and most are uneeded, but for the most part, their good.

Cindy III is a masterpiece! :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 13th, 2007, 9:06 pm

We're not bashing JL....just criticizing him. After all he's a public figure in entertainment and people are going to have opinions on what he does--that's why we have forums. :)

Bashing is what people did to Michael Eisner for months and months and months, saying how much they hated him, he's stupid, greedy, evil, brainless, destroyed Walt's dream, wish he was never born, etc...etc.....take your pick. No one's said anything like that about JL or Ed Catmull. :?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!