Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 15th, 2007, 12:56 am

Hopefully the rumor is true, 'cause I'm starting to get exited!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 15th, 2007, 8:40 am

That makes total sense.

Paramount, the Zemeckis/Spielberg link, Ray Winstone...

I may have to eat my hat if the trailer goes out with "Inidiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull" on it. :(

The logo:
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33975

Doesn't look right...it's not off centered enough, kind of like they just put it out there quickly...? ;)

BTW, love that Temple Of Doom teaser...I remember that on the front of the Raiders VHS, which I still have, and was disappointed when it didn't make the DVD box set. Just so exciting for something that showed nothing new!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 20th, 2007, 9:48 pm

This is an odd story that I wasn't sure quite where to place....it apparently seems as though Spielberg is very much bailing on Paramount.

I think the story is also misleading because it makes it seem like DWA (Katzenberg) is bailing on Paramount too, but there hasn't been any evidence of that.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/ne ... ome-center\

Also, that photo is from October '2004, when DreamWorks Animation went public, and has nothing to do whatsoever with Paramount. :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 21st, 2007, 11:48 am

From IMDb this morning:
Katzenberg Defends DreamWorks Cofounder Spielberg

DreamWorks Animation chief Jeffrey Katzenberg registered shock and anger Wednesday at news reports quoting Viacom chief Philippe Dauman as saying that it "would be completely immaterial" to his company if Steven Spielberg decides to leave DreamWorks when his contract expires next year. Speaking at an investors' conference in New York, Katzenberg, who co-founded DreamWorks with Spielberg and David Geffen, said: "Steven Spielberg is nothing short of a national treasure. ... To suggest that not having Steven Spielberg is completely immaterial seems ill-advised. I think calmer heads need to prevail here." Reporting on Katzenberg's remarks, Daily Variety noted Spielberg's "creative clout" was cited to justify the $1.6-billion price Viacom paid for DreamWorks in 2005 to beat out Universal. But now, the trade paper commented, "Dauman's comments have created additional fences to mend should he endeavor to keep the troika in the fold."

Little Steve has never been DWs number one supporter, and from all accounts he can't wait to get out of there. He doesn't like how Paramount are calling the shots and basically wants to get back to running Amblin as an ongoing concern. But this Paramount attitude is also going to ruffle the wrong feathers with the others, especially Jeffrey Katzenberg. Good job George Lucas' company is shielding them both from each other as they continue in partnership with Indy IV.

Essentially, they should have gone to Spielberg's long-time home Universal, and where this leaves DWA is anyone's guess, but my bet is that JK's influence there will slowly - or quickly - become very diminished.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 21st, 2007, 6:47 pm

This all sounds very bad. :(

Why can't DWA just find another distributor?

Well, I guess 'cause their contract goes up to 2013, but still, there HAS to be a way....! Paramount owns the live-action DW library but they don't own DreamWorks animation...why can't DWA just get out from under them the way Pixar was initially going to get out from under Disney??

Little Steve has never been DWs number one supporter,

So true...:roll: :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 27th, 2007, 7:09 pm

Indiana Jones' plot leaked -- MAJOR spoilers, so be warned!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 28th, 2007, 7:34 am

Okay...so apart from revealing the overall nationality of the main villains, that's just one scene that has been blown for us.

Not such a big deal, but the extra who leaked it is a jerk.

"Who knows whether that particular person will ever work in this town again?" - I love the intonation here, and hope they're right. The guy should be sued for breaking a non-disclosure contract and for making public private LucasFilm property.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » September 28th, 2007, 9:41 pm

(runs around like crazy) I'm not reading it! I'm not reading it!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 29th, 2007, 3:57 pm

Hang in there, man! ;)

Strange though, I heard it was a major spoiler. Ah well.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 27th, 2007, 11:14 pm

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 28th, 2007, 10:18 am

Say, weren't we supposed to have a trailer for this by now?

Oh, and on another note, isn't someone going to jail for something to do with this movie?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 28th, 2007, 4:18 pm

It might have something to do with what I posted up there.^ That's my guess, haven't heard anything as of late.

Like the new pics!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 1st, 2007, 7:47 pm

Pictures gone... :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 1st, 2007, 7:53 pm

Crud! :x

Well, I'll try to describe them: :wink:

The first Indy pic was awesome, just him in full frame and looking VERY much the way he did in Last Crusade, although with slight more wear.....:wink:

Second one....not so good....he looked pretty old there....still commanding but the Indy hat/pants/shirt combo seems to kind of "hang" on him, and just didn't have the impact it once did.

Third one....a little better, but Shia's in the picture, so Ford's age definetely stands out. It seems like an intense scene, it was dark, and they were both "studying" something (crouching in some cave-like environment) of what I assume is of importance. :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » December 2nd, 2007, 2:55 am