Tangled (formerly Rapunzel)

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Prince Kido » February 11th, 2007, 3:11 pm

Hi!!
Here's an exclusive link i've found on Youtube about the piece of animation test-footage of Rapunzel speaking to a squirrel with fairies around!!
This is a screener a bit too foggy and redish,but this is exactly the one i've seen in June 2005 at a Disney meeting at Annecy in France and whom i told on the french Disney Forum Disney Central Plaza since!!
This images aren't definitive ones!!! and we still don't know yet if Rapunzel will really get released, even in Cgi like here! But, well, enjoy and cross fingers for see this entire movie DONE one day and in this wonderful CGI way!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktZ5JVdDL7Y

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » February 11th, 2007, 4:28 pm

Wow! Thanks for the notice, Prince Kido! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 11th, 2007, 7:33 pm

That is stunning!!! :D

Thanks, PK! :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 11th, 2007, 7:33 pm

Hope it's OK, I copied your link and pasted it here, with the "YouTube" forum feature to make it more accessible.

You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 11th, 2007, 11:18 pm

Wow, that really is stunning! :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » February 12th, 2007, 4:33 pm

Squee!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by chernabog » February 14th, 2007, 3:10 am

Oh wow, that is stunning! See THAT is what I want from computer animation. I think my heart may actually have stopped.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 14th, 2007, 8:58 am

According to "robster 16" on Animation Nation, that's from an earlier version of Rupunzal, still with the old Reese Witherspoon dialougue, and the "unbraided" version as well, hence she says "I don't believe in magic" and thus learns to believe in fairy tales, etc....

Still, I'll bet the newer version's even better! :)

Here's a tiny bit of extra info from someone on the "inside": :wink:

Eric Hedman

IE # 84
Member # 2453

posted February 14, 2007 01:23 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry Rob, for the foreseeable future, they's my Peeps.

The project is in good hands and the people making it, and writing it and boarding it all have hearts and good solid ideas about entertainent for the masses.

ADog and Rapunzel and Frog Princess are all being made to entertain. Uncle John and Uncle Ed wouldn't have it any other way methinks.

The bar is set and people are a jumpin', if only for the joy of it. The Zemekis process could not produce that Clip.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » February 14th, 2007, 10:15 am

I can't see YouTube videos. :( The site's blocked on my network.

*sigh* I'm sure it's awesome, though.
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/ninja_otter/SKsignature.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 14th, 2007, 9:34 pm

Sorry, YC. :(

BTW, what exactly is the deal with this film again? Is it staying 3d or going 2d? Someone had this to say on AN: (scroll to bottom)

http://www.animationnation.com/ubb/ulti ... 1;t=012089

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » February 15th, 2007, 12:38 am

That's what I want to know. I keep hearing interpretations that vary, and I just want to hear from someone who knows, now. As much as I love 2D, I've been hearing great stuff about this technique and would love to see what they've come up with. I certainly wouldn't want them to have to change if there's a significant amount of work done (which it seems there is?)
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/ninja_otter/SKsignature.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by chernabog » February 15th, 2007, 6:04 am

I sincerely hope it remains cg. If the success of a film really is based on the quality of the story and not the medium then there should be no reason for Rapunzel to become a 2d animatef film. Especially as The Frog Princess will be following a year later.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 19th, 2007, 1:07 pm

I'd still love to see a traditional Disney fairy pricess picture done in CGI, especially as gorgeous as that.

BUT...we can't have Disney animation outlooking the Pixar stuff now, can we, so continued changes to this may be afoot... :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 22nd, 2007, 3:02 am

That's what I want to know. I keep hearing interpretations that vary, and I just want to hear from someone who knows, now. As much as I love 2D, I've been hearing great stuff about this technique and would love to see what they've come up with.

Yeah, I totally agree YCougar! I just wish we knew for SURE already....:(

Also, I've read that the style of Rupunzal (at least what we've been seeing lately) is a new technique in CGI, made to look like a moving, living oil painting! :) It's soooooooo incredible.......:)

It kind of reminds me of how POE was meant to look like a moving Gustave Dore/Monet 19th century painting as well, which it did!

Aladdin had that living painting look as well, but more like a combination of cartoony style/Romantic paintings/Raiders of the Lost Ark/Lean Spielberg way! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 6th, 2007, 5:33 pm

OMG, I wonder if THIS means something:

Here's what I got when I clicked on that Rupunzal YouTube clip again, remember that?

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by The Walt Disney Company

I guess it's a copyright issue, which is their right and all, but I wonder if this means that the film is A.) Undergoing major changes B.) Lassetter & Co. are ticked off at the fact that it got out C.) They ARE going 2-d or....
D.) A, B, and C

Hmmmm.........:wink: :roll: Oh well, who knows.......I"m probably just reading more into it than there really is....:? :roll: