Alvin and the Chipmunks (Fox)

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » May 11th, 2008, 4:19 pm

I'm indifferent on this. I liked the first (but didn't love it) and I'm sure I'd eventually watch a sequel, but it doesn't seem like that big of a deal.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Of course there

Post by DibujosAnimados » May 12th, 2008, 3:23 pm

Alvin & The Chipmunks is the best selling DVD practically of the year.

My son celebrates this movie. All of his friends are crazy about it.

This is the typical movie that delights young audiences.

It's also the typical movie that annoys sophisticated "animation fans."

Sorry I don't mean to include anyone specifically but it's true. Kids absolutely adore the design, characterizations and animation of the chipmunks.

And yet many adults find the exact same things to be annoying.

It's interesting.
Last edited by DibujosAnimados on May 31st, 2008, 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » May 12th, 2008, 11:26 pm

Those things aren't really what annoyed me about the film.

Aside from the sub-par acting, the only real problem I had was with the plot. It was extremely weak, predictable, and strayed far away from logic too many times.

Yeah, yeah. I know it was made for kids. But it wouldn't have hurt them to put in a bit more effort, would it? :wink:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » November 8th, 2008, 3:00 am

AOL Music is currently allowing folks to hear Undeniable, the sequel album to the Alvin and the Chipmunks soundtrack. I think today might be the last day that the soundtrack will be available to hear at the site.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 10th, 2008, 3:41 pm

The Chipettes are coming to the big screen:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=51214
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » December 10th, 2008, 4:19 pm

Whippet Angel wrote:Those things aren't really what annoyed me about the film.
Aside from the sub-par acting, the only real problem I had was with the plot. It was extremely weak, predictable, and strayed far away from logic too many times.
And, like the Garfield movies before it, the plot was terminally stuck in the "Big bad greedy-executive" 80's, because it was directed by The Guy Who Broke Up The Muppets, who doesn't know how to make non-80's movies. :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » December 10th, 2008, 6:03 pm

What makes me angry about this is that it comes out the same day around when the princess and the frog comes out.

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » December 11th, 2008, 2:41 am

Miley Cyrus might be one of the chipettes.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Un4tun8Disaster » December 11th, 2008, 4:26 am

American_dog_2008 wrote:Miley Cyrus might be one of the chipettes.
Chipettes are rumored to be Miley Cyrus= Eleanor, "JoJo" = Jeanette and Drew Barrymore = Brittany.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » December 11th, 2008, 5:43 am

I remember when the Chipettes were first created ..

The Chipmunks' revival of the early 1980's had begun with the LP's Chipmunk Punk, Urban Chipmunk, and Chipmunk Rock .. which featured the Chipmunks singing contemporary new-wave, country music, and top-40 hits.

Which was fine, as long as they were singing songs made popular by Rick Springfield or Devo. The 'trouble' was, nearly half the covers they were doing were songs by female stars like Pat Benatar or Kim Carnes.

Not that this was a 'problem' in & of itself; it simply made for some bizarre comedy bits -- in both the album cover artwork and the on-record 'banter' -- which featured Alvin (or, sometimes, all three Chipmunks) in 'drag'..! :?

The Chipmunks' fourth 80's revival album -- The Chipmunks Go Hollywood -- introduced the Chipettes in the song "You're the One That I Want" (from Grease) .. though, only one member of the girl-group was featured in the jacket illustration for the song -- and her name was Charlene! :!:

Curiously, two other songs on this album continued the trend set by the three previous records; "Tomorrow" (from Annie), featuring the boys dressed-up as poor orphan girls .. and "9 to 5" (from, well, 9 to 5), whose (slightly-disturbing) illustration above tells you all you need to know about why an 'all-girl' incarnation of the group was becoming necessary. :wink:

In the following year, Alvin and the Chipmunks exploded back onto the Saturday-morning TV scene .. along with the Chipettes --which, by then, featured the familiar line-up of Britanny, Jeanette, and Eleanor.

I guess that makes Charlene the 'lost' Chipette. :o

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » January 4th, 2009, 11:43 am

The rumor about the Chipettes may be true...If wikipedia is telling me the truth plus the director of this is betty Thomas.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » January 4th, 2009, 2:03 pm

American_dog_2008 wrote:Miley Cyrus might be one of the chipettes.
No,Miley,don't!,run!.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » January 11th, 2009, 1:58 pm

Exclusive picture from the movie!:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 12th, 2009, 10:47 pm

That reminds me, I need to rent Disaster Movie soon! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » January 13th, 2009, 1:08 am

That scene was dumb but really the Chipmunks were hilarious :lol: and the Enchanted Princess too :lol: I have seen a few scenes on YouTube.
But rent it might be too much.