Madagascar

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 26th, 2006, 7:11 pm

I just love the idea of them meeting alligators in the sewers! Classic. I also like how they refer to the ocean as 'big water', for some reason.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by chernabog » March 27th, 2006, 8:01 am

I'm not raving about The Wild by any means, but it is Disney so I will go and see it without question. It certainbly doesn't look bad and I particularly like the way they've combined photo realism with a cartoony element, so they look real but move in a very 'animated' way. Unlike Happy Feet, which just looks incredibly dull. As this film is being made with C.O.R.E. which Eisner decided on in case the Pixar deal fell through, does anyone know if there will be any more collaborations with Disney, now that the Pixar thing is settled? Personally I can't image any more third party animated films coming from Disney, but that's just me.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 27th, 2006, 8:44 am

As director Steve "Spaz" Williams said in another post:
spaz wrote:we were approached to do The Wild and needed to find a facility that was established and could be super-sized to handle a big picture. Core had a pretty good established record; i knew the guys there and alot of animators wanted to return to TO. building a Vancouver joint was an earlier idea seeing as though it was closer to SF, but, there were'nt any places around long enough to partner with. we were still putting up dry wall at Core when we started to pound out animation dailies in Nov. 03. it was very insane.

there's no current relationship between the "Mouse" and Core. Core is persuing other projects to feed their pipeline. it's fairly obvious that Disney has found what they were looking for , and subsequently so has Pixar.

So...no more Core collaborations with Disney for now, and it seems Disney has given up on outsourced CG altogether - their deal with Vanguard has also passed on to DreamWorks Animation.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 29th, 2006, 6:17 pm

What, Spaz is the DIRECTOR??!?

Wow, I've met an important guy. :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 29th, 2006, 8:55 pm

I saw Spaz on T.V.!

(Ooooh, ahhhh)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 29th, 2006, 9:12 pm

What, Spaz is the DIRECTOR??!?
Wow, awesome! *Starry eyed* :shock: :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 29th, 2006, 11:53 pm

Wild Life was about an ordinary elephant who gets zapped by a music video sound system and is transformed into a night-club singer. Kind of like a Computer Wore Tennis Shoes meets My Fair Lady story, set in the socially cutthroat world of the rave scene.
Was anything from this film preserved, like art-wise? After all, they worked on it for a long time. It would be interesting to see, anyway, in a kind of "What were they thinking?" sense. :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 30th, 2006, 7:23 am

Um...you guys need to keep up.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 30th, 2006, 9:19 pm

Hey, I knew for a while.

Anywho, nice new clip. You can defiantly tell this film was made in Canada! :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by chernabog » March 31st, 2006, 6:30 am

Wow wow wow! That new clip is great. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm actually really excited about The Wild now! The animation is really rather impressive, the gags are great and the whole thing seems to flow really well if you get what I mean. It's not too in your face but it never gets grounded with too much dialogue either. It really seems to move at a nice pace.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 31st, 2006, 6:38 am

http://www.animated-news.com/archives/00004812.html

This is what he speaks. Looks good - love Keifer's perf here, showing some warmth and comedy in there, though that snake is very much like a snake in some UK commercials for either a cereal or soft drink (I forget which) from the 1980s - the way he says "okay" seems to be a complete lift - intentional or not?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by chernabog » March 31st, 2006, 6:45 am

Not sure if I like the snake yet, I'll have to wait for the film I guess. The koala, who was my least favourite in the trailer has now moved to the top of the list. I love his litle expressions, like in the first clip in the sewers when he's searching with the torch is in his hands. There's something really human about his stance, it's so comical.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kaszubas » March 31st, 2006, 12:36 pm

C.O.R.E proves to be able to conquere huge technical challenges and achieve visual richness and quality up untill now reserved for just a few biggest players on the market of feature animation (Pixar, DW, Sony, BlueSky). After this clip I can say that technically this is much bigger than quite cameral Valliant, and perhaps one of the most visually advanced Disney CGI production (regardless if it's their own or outsourced) :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 31st, 2006, 2:46 pm

chernabog wrote:Not sure if I like the snake yet, I'll have to wait for the film I guess.
Snakes in a Curling Competition!

...Okay, I'll stop. I like the giraffe.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Matt » November 14th, 2006, 10:53 am

From Comingsoon.net

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=17532

"Ben Stiller Starting Madagascar 2
Source: Heather Newgen November 14, 2006

Night at the Museum star Ben Stiller told ComingSoon.net that he is beginning the voice recordings for the highly-anticipated animated sequel Madagascar 2.

"We're starting to record it very soon," Stiller said.

Stiller also revealed the plot for the DreamWorks Animation follow-up.

"I think all the animals head back to New York on that plane that you know was up in the trees and then they crash in Africa and Alex gets reacquainted with his real family and it goes from there," he added.

Madagascar 2 is scheduled for a November 7, 2008 release."