Disney Pixar Discussion

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » February 12th, 2006, 3:03 pm

That's very interesting. Wonder if he'll have time to do anything.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 14th, 2006, 10:39 am

He's basically there to oversee the unit during the transition and probably has a few things going on already.

Don's a nice guy and was practically in that position already...hope he sticks around when things settle as there is someone who really understands the nature of what traditional Disney animation should be in this day and age.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Disney 2005 Yearbook On Sale now

Post by JustinWilliams » February 22nd, 2006, 2:46 pm

This link will bring you to the exciting preview of the yearbook - available in paperback or hardback [with DVD & Litho] - plus there's a sneek preview of the book's content here. It's available for pre-order.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 22nd, 2006, 5:32 pm

What the heck is a Disney Yearbook?

Oh, I see... it's a way to bang on about a middling year in the Company's history, make a fuss about Mike Eisner for one last time, push some product that really wasn't that good, and throw about some more images of Walt as if they care.

Gosh, that was a bit harsh of me. But truly untrue?... ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JustinWilliams » February 22nd, 2006, 6:08 pm

Correct! You don't miss a trick do ya ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JustinWilliams » February 23rd, 2006, 11:52 am

A selection of images from the DVD here

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 26th, 2006, 7:56 pm

Y'know, as I said in another thread, you are getting *awfully* close to spamming these boards with all of this.

It's not a huge problem - and thanks for keeping them coming - but it is obvious you either work for Disney video or know someone VERY well who leaks you this stuff, and it can sometimes stray into continuous advertising for upcoming product.

As I say, it's not too much of a problem, but since you seem to have access to very early imagery and Disney seems to have no problem with you posting them here, I'd say the jury is out on your day job...

With all the best intentions, getting ma drift? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JustinWilliams » February 26th, 2006, 8:02 pm

LOL I'm a teacher in Cheshire and Playusa.com's very good to me. I know somone who works for Disney's web team and if it's close to spamming that I mention DVD titles that, I assume, other Disney fans would enjoy to read about, then I will stop. I used to turn to Animated-News for early information on Disney film and DVD releases - :shock:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 26th, 2006, 8:10 pm

Nope...not stop...but you must have seen where I was coming from.

Okay, now you have cleared that up - and Disney's people don't mind you releasing this info early - I guess we're okay to continue.

We have been asked in the past to remove some early images and didn't want this to become a problem with the Mouse House. Even Olivier, in the Animated-Movies days, held back on posting images until they were authorized or in the public domain.

I just hope you can see where we were coming from. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JustinWilliams » February 26th, 2006, 8:14 pm

Sure and thanks for the advice, Columbo ;) Nah seriously I get your drift.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 26th, 2006, 8:15 pm

Oh-a...just one more thing...

;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » February 27th, 2006, 2:45 am

I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that your input is very much appreciated on this forum, Justin. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 1st, 2006, 12:27 am

It's really cool how they invited Ron Clements and John Musker back too.

"It's all coming together!" --Kronk

I hope Dave Pruiksma comes back too! :wink:

(BTW he updated his site! :wink: )
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

More happy WDFA news

Post by PatrickvD » March 1st, 2006, 6:45 am

Alan Menken signs new deal with Disney:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/ar ... 1002076606

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 1st, 2006, 9:43 am

I'm not being funny, but I think I saw this coming. And I think it's been on the cards a while too.

Notice in the Lady And The Tramp DVD that Clements (I think) is credited as Director, WDFA while all the others are credited as for something.

Goose chases again, but I think the plan might have been there for a while...

And, on the Menken news (which I've merged here), cool too! Although, can you really see where else he was going to get to do half the things he does for Disney nowadays?

Me suspects that he will continue to concentrate on his first love (musical theater) and we still won't yet see a grand return to the song and dance animated movies...yet.

I was going to snide at "his deal includes live-action", as his deal ALWAYS includes live-action but he never does any! Now, he's done The Shaggy Dog so will be interesting to see what this new deal brings for him.

I'm certainly a fan, and good to see Disney keeping the right people back where they belong. Don Hahn is doing a great job!