Will 2D animation die?

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kinoo » February 14th, 2007, 9:15 am

Ben said it was based on a Russian fairytale not that the movie will be so! you know nothing about the project and yet you keep blaming Lasseter he "persuaded" Musker and Clemens. So funny, If we were told back in 1988 that Disney was preparing a Little Mermaid movie with a rebel redhead chick, a raggamuffin crab and a stupid seagull, there would be cosntant bashing against Katzemberg. Fortunately, internet was not as common back at that time.

As for I am being a Pixar fan yes it(s true but I am also and firstly an animation fan, I also happen to enjoy a few Dreamworkzy so don't make me look like I am a fanatic of Pixar. It's just that your constant Lasseter complains and Katzemberg ode is getting tired. I am not excited at all about the future of DW movies (Shrek III, Madagascar II, Bee Movie and Kung Fu panda?). On the other hand Wall-E is getting a very positive buzz from insiders and Toy Story III was the movie everybody wanted to be greenlighted.
[url=http://www.pixar-room.com][img]http://pixarroom.free.fr/PIXAR%20PICS/mai2007/R.jpg[/img][/url]
http://www.inbedwithkinoo.canalblog.com

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 14th, 2007, 2:28 pm

Here are Ben's exact words:
:wink:
This will be a fantastic hit.

People, whether they know it or not, are absolutely itching for a traditional traditional Disney movie, and a princess musical is as about as pure as it can be
Anyway, like I said earlier, I didn't mean to tick you off....these are just my opinions. Maybe a lot of the animation community feels differently than me about a lot of stuff--fine, that's their right. It's also my right to say how I feel. If it annoys you that I like JK...sorry. I'm not his only fan, there are others believe it or not, even if they're not as vocal.

you know nothing about the project and yet you keep blaming Lasseter he "persuaded" Musker and Clemens

I only know what we hear on this site and other animation sites...if that info is wrong, that s***ks, but I"m just reacting based on what we've been hearing. That's what this forum is for.

JL is the boss now, he's got power, this is how he's using his power. Thus people are going to have reactions to that.
I am not excited at all about the future of DW movies (Shrek III, Madagascar II, Bee Movie and Kung Fu panda?). On the other hand Wall-E is getting a very positive buzz from insiders and Toy Story III was the movie everybody wanted to be greenlighted

OK fine, that's your opinion. You have a right to it and I respect it. If you're not excited about DW movies, OK, but some people are. Just because one is in a minority opinion doesn't make their opinion any less valid.

That's all I'm going to say about this issue....I'm sorry if I upset you Kinoo, that wasn't my intention. I'll try to tone down my Lassetter criticism/Katzenberg praise if it reall bothers people that much. :?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 14th, 2007, 3:45 pm

*gives Vi a valentine card*

;)

Just loosen up a little on Lassy, and everyone will be happy. I'm still not fond of his decisions, but who knows if its for better or worse. MTR was changed some by him, correct? Only a few more weeks, and we'll know how the general public feels!

On the subject of future movies, I'm actually exited for all the DW and Pixar movies. They all have potential, and all sound very interesting. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 14th, 2007, 3:49 pm

Aww thanks Dan! :)

:wink: :oops:

Anyways, I didn't mean to judge JL so harshly....I'm sorry if it offended people....I'll try to be more sensitive.

(I know I wouldn't like it if people ripped into JK so...I get your feelings Kinoo. I'll try to tone down my opinions. :wink:)

*Shake hands*? :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » February 14th, 2007, 5:55 pm

On the subject of future movies, I'm actually exited for all the DW and Pixar movies. They all have potential, and all sound very interesting.
Indeed they do! 'Tis a good time to be an animation fan.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 14th, 2007, 6:27 pm

*gives Meg her valentine card* (ok, I'll stop ;))

You can say that again! :)

Btw, your welcome, Vi! :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kinoo » February 15th, 2007, 3:56 am

Hey I wan't upset, just tired to hear the same thing again and again. I need more to tick me off! "Shakinn hands..."
[url=http://www.pixar-room.com][img]http://pixarroom.free.fr/PIXAR%20PICS/mai2007/R.jpg[/img][/url]
http://www.inbedwithkinoo.canalblog.com

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 16th, 2007, 6:07 am

:wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 16th, 2007, 6:11 am

This is from a while ago, but here's something Josh wrote about a possible plot idea for a Roger Rabbit sequel. It has to do with the whole 2d/3d issue...I was reading it again, I think it's a great idea! :D

If they do make a sequel to RR, I hope they use Josh's idea! :wink:

More on my idea for a Roger Rabbit sequel, what about this for a title:

Who Replaced Roger Rabbit?

The plot? What if CGI toons moved into Toontown, making Roger, Mickey, Bugs, and the other toons look outdated. Because of this, the traditional toons are having trouble getting work. Jobs are getting lost; toons are becoming homeless.

This gets the government of Toontown to thinking. You see, all this negative press is making them look bad. So they have an idea. They will create more jobs for Toontown than the town has ever had before. The catch? The jobs will only be given to CGI toons.

Meanwhile, a new place will be created- a land of golden opportunity for "classic" toons: Vault City. The Toontown government will try to convince the older, traditionally animated toons to move there. And those traditional toons who refuse to leave Toontown will be secretly silenced. The problem with Vault City is that the day after the last traditional toon enters it, the city will be closed forever. No one can enter it, and no one can leave it.

And Roger, Mickey, Bugs, and the other toons will be replaced by CGI clones in Toontown.

So what about Detective Eddie Valiant? Well, he gets to thinking that Vault City sounds too good to be true. Plus, the governor of Toontown seems to be very suspicious, especially the way that every time he talks about Toontown's plans for the future, he rubs his hands, snickers, and says something like, "Yeah, yeah, that's right. You can trust me..." And you know, that basically means you can't

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » February 16th, 2007, 9:52 am

I'm thrilled you enjoyed and remembered my idea, Vi! Thank you very much for the mention! :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » February 16th, 2007, 5:28 pm

Me too! It's really clever.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » February 17th, 2007, 2:02 am

Wow! Thanks for the kind words, Meg! :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 17th, 2007, 7:54 pm

Since I love sequels and all, I espicially like your idea, Josh! This is the first time I've read it, and thought it was great! If only this was real, I would be so exited! :D

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » February 18th, 2007, 7:31 am

Thank you very much, Daniel! I appreciate your enthusiastic comments! :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 18th, 2007, 4:14 pm

Your welcome, Josh! :)