Random questions

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » May 8th, 2006, 8:50 pm

COMPLETELY? She is not COMPLETELY off model. Maybe slightly.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » May 8th, 2006, 9:01 pm

I can remember watching 2 cartoons when I was younger and thinking to myself that the characters looked different sometimes. They were Tiny Toons and Timon & Pumbaa. And it wasn't just the way the characters were drawn, but also the way they were animated.

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » May 8th, 2006, 11:00 pm

Tiny Toons, though, had like. 3 or 4 different ways of animating didn't they? you had animation like in the summer vacation movie thing, compared to the kind of animation that was in the episode about Honey.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 9th, 2006, 6:00 pm

Dammit, I wish I had that Honey episode! :(

Those Lion King cover changes are NUTS! On or off model, at least use the same picture for VHS and DVD!!

:roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 9th, 2006, 6:01 pm

The Beast as a prince is really off-model in the last couple of shots of the movie.
Yeah, I think I might have noticed that! :roll: You see his profile and it just looks...weird. Way too angular.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Don Bluth owes money?

Post by ShyViolet » May 10th, 2006, 9:29 am

You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 10th, 2006, 12:17 pm

Well, it's not Bluth per se, but the Thumbelina company that was set up to make that film.

It seems, non too surprisingly, that the company did not pay all artists invoices after production was snapped up and bailed out by Warners.

As we know, Goldcrest lost money on Bluth films, as did WB until they took Pebble And The Penguin away from him and finished it cheaply.

Bluth's films didn't return any investment from after All Dogs onwards until he hooked up with Fox Animation, although those who worked on those productions should have been paid by Sullivan-Bluth.

Obviously, some were not and this is their chance to make a claim...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 12th, 2006, 7:52 am

I'm not sure but I think this is partly at the root of the generally anti-Bluth sentiment there seems to be in the animation community, or at least animation professionals. At least that's the feeling I get.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 12th, 2006, 8:49 am

Well, they don't like it that he struck out on his own (and made a decent go of it at first) and then they don't like it that he failed and his company still owes money.

I wonder if he shouldn't try and get back in to Disney...they could certainly do with his talent and he could certainly do with their quality and budgets!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Help identifying a film

Post by ohbrazil » May 13th, 2006, 2:56 pm

Many years ago I saw on tv a horror cartoon, around halloween, maybe on the Sci-Fi channel. I have been looking to find out what it is, but I have had no luck. It was very gory, and I think it had a wolf, and I guess the three pigs. I think the wolf ended up killing all the pigs, but I just remember that it upset me as a child. I would appreciate any help in finding the name of this cartoon! Thank you!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PixarVixen » May 13th, 2006, 3:07 pm

Dude! I know what you're talking about!

It was an episode of Tales From The Crypt. Bobcat Goldthwait was the wolf. He ends up killing all the pigs except for one. The surviving pig ends up going to court for some reason. And...that's all I can remember.

It was pretty disturbing when I first saw it. It was probably the first animated thing I ever saw that looked like that. Extremely gory. :shock:

Oh yeah...Welcome to A-N! ^__^

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ohbrazil » May 13th, 2006, 3:25 pm

Thank you! Now I just have to track that episode down. I've been trying to find cartoon horror movies and all I've come across were the atrocities of Terror Toons or Evil Toons. I like this place already. :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PixarVixen » May 13th, 2006, 3:35 pm

You're welcome!
ohbrazil wrote:I like this place already. :D
I've never found so much information about everything I like in any other place. ;) Well...except for I-Kronos, but that site kinda fell apart a long time ago. Right Brandon? =P

~~=oP
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 13th, 2006, 4:33 pm

That would rule. Don Bluth owns in my book. His movies are totally unique.

I really don't get all the "backlash" against him. I think a lot of it is envy.... :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 13th, 2006, 4:48 pm

Actually, if you really want to talk off-model, you should check out how Sinbad: Legeond of the Seven Seas advertised for the film. They had these posters with the characters and they were PURPOSELY altered to look like the stars who played them. (they looked terrible.)

I loved this film but that's got to be the dumbest idea I've ever heard. I think also had to do with why this movie tanked. (among other reasons, mostly the other terrible ads for this film, remember the one with Spike and Baskin Robbins?) :roll:

AHHHH....the agony: :( http://www.impawards.com/2003/sinbad_le ... _ver3.html

And this....is just wrong. http://www.impawards.com/2003/sinbad_le ... _ver5.html