A planetarium project that's out of this world

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

A planetarium project that's out of this world

Post by PixarVixen » June 24th, 2006, 9:14 pm

For the next 6 months, I'll be working on illustrations and animated short stories for a planetarium show at Youngstown State University. It's going to travel nationwide (or so I've heard).

The professor who is organizing and running this project is even writing in to celebrities to ask if they'd do some voice acting for us. No kidding.

So far, she's written to Marylin Manson, Drew Carey, Martha Stewart, Jim Cummings (voice of such characters as Tigger), Ed O'Neill, Katey Sagal, and Stephen Hawking (which would be interesting).

I'm also going to write to other celebs that I think would be great for what we're doing. So far I have these people in mind: Jason Lee, Tress MacNeille, Dan Castellaneta, Nancy Cartwright, Hank Azaria, Harry Shearer, Russi Taylor, Brad Bird, Sarah Vowell, John Ratzenberger, Kevin McDonald, Rob Paulsen, and Tom Kenny.

What do you think? Does anyone have any suggestions?

(BTW, this part is unrelated to the post, but while looking up Russi Taylor on IMDb.com, it credits her as being the voice of Rajah the Lion. Oops! LOL)

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by fani » June 24th, 2006, 10:29 pm

Er.. what suggestion do you want? :) You guys seem to have it all figured out. If it doesn't offend you---um did you get any funders for it?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PixarVixen » June 24th, 2006, 10:45 pm

I have no knowledge of that part of the project. And don't worry. It doesn't offend me at all. ;)

And I was asking about voice actor suggestions. I'm gonna write to as many people as I can for back-up in case anyone can't help us.

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » June 25th, 2006, 11:24 am

Well, will the voice actors be voicing characters or something? If they are, you should try to get people who fit the characters' personalities (and who have had past experience!)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PixarVixen » June 25th, 2006, 7:16 pm

Well, most of the voice actors I've thought of aren't very big names. I picked them because they are capable of performing a wide range of voices, especially Hank and Harry.

And I know what kind of characters we've got in our show. I just know anyone would fit right into the cast. ^__^

~~=oP
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » June 25th, 2006, 7:47 pm

As far as "names" go, you may want to add Patrick Warburton, Wallace Shawn, Patrick Stewart, Adam West, R. Lee Ermey, and Fred Willard to the list. Some people might say, "But it feels like they're in every other animated feature nowadays!" However, that's why I think you might - just might - have a shot with them.

Some more of animation's go-to guys and gals: Wayne Allwine, Corey Burton, Kath Soucie, Jeff Bennett, Bill Farmer, April Winchell, Pamela Adlon, David Ogden Stiers, Tara Strong, and Kevin Michael Richardson.

Here's a rather large list of popular voice talent, in case you're interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_no ... ice_actors.

Best of luck to you, PixarVixen. I hope your project is a huge success.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by fani » June 26th, 2006, 3:42 am

My boyfriend gave me some suggestion: Richard Cox and Rick Jones. They're veteran voice actors.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PixarVixen » June 26th, 2006, 6:02 pm

Thanks guys!

Mick, you reminded me about Patrick W. and Adam West. And I had R. Lee Ermey in mind because one of the characters in my shorts is a drill seargeant, but I think Patrick could do that voice well, too.

~~=oP
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Chaya » June 26th, 2006, 11:18 pm

The project sounds nifty. When's it going to be done?
"May traditional animation live long and prosper!"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PixarVixen » June 27th, 2006, 12:35 am

There isn't a set due date for the overall project, but we'd like to get everything wrapped up sometime in December. I know that sounds like a long time to be working on all this, but keep in mind that there will probably be at least 10 animated shorts (and I do mean short).

The shorts won't be handdrawn. That would take forever. Plus, I don't have the materials necessary for it. I'll be using Adobe After Effects. It's so much easier for me to use rather than Flash. I'll still have to draw most of it out, but I can manipulate everything in AE.

~~=oP
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » June 27th, 2006, 8:27 am

There isn't a set due date for the overall project, but we'd like to get everything wrapped up sometime in December. I know that sounds like a long time to be working on all this, but keep in mind that there will probably be at least 10 animated shorts (and I do mean short).
Actually, that doesn't sound that bad - it's just a couple of months.