Asterix & the Vikings

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Asterix & the Vikings

Post by Thalia-is-Crazy » June 21st, 2006, 12:51 pm

Ok so... watching the trailers <I>[edited by ADMIN]</i>.

Anyone know when the movie is being released in english?

http://asterix.com/ <tons of trailers and 'making of' features in french.

Nothing in english, even in the english sections.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » June 21st, 2006, 3:01 pm

Thalia-is-Crazy - your posts are now being monitored and will be edited or deleted as necessary. Any further posts of a sexual nature or any other posts we feel violate the standards of this forum and you will be banned.

Stay on topic and remember there are kids present before you type and you'll be OK.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » June 21st, 2006, 7:37 pm

There is some information on the english version of ASTERIX AND THE VIKINGS at Asterix New Zealand .. though, unfortunately, nothing regarding a theatrical release schedule.

I'd love to be able to see this film in North American theaters .. but I suspect I will have to buy the region-2 DVD next year, instead. :(

----

And, assuming Thalia's deleted comment was regarding the "Vikingette" Abba .. I have to agree, she's a cute character. :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kaszubas » June 21st, 2006, 7:54 pm

This movie was played here in Poland some time ago and I have to say that while it is very well crafted (animation, bacgrounds, overall visual quality) it has rather poor writing and directing (comparing to today's standards set by Disney, DW, Pixar, BlueSky, Miyazaki or Chomet). It's a pitty that such as big potential has been wasted. I expected much better (more entertaining) movie after watching trailers.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » June 21st, 2006, 8:38 pm

That's a shame to hear, since the 'look' of ASTERIX AND THE VIKINGS bears closer resemblance to Uderzo's lush drawing style than any of the previous ASTERIX films. Hopefully, it is at least better than the 'live-action' ASTERIX film from a few years ago ..

The trailers for ASTERIX AND THE VIKINGS do make me want to see it, though!

-------

On a side note for ASTERIX fans, a 6-DVD boxed set, containing all the previous ASTERIX animated films, is slated for release July 31st (region-2 only, though)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kaszubas » June 22nd, 2006, 3:24 am

Yes - it's beautifuly drawn, painted and animated, and looks like perfect Uderzo's comic book adaptation but it's not... And I don't think it's any better than those live action Asterix&Obelix flicks you're talking about... Of course it's just my opinion - watch it and make your own but remember - I warned you ;)
hmmm...
Maybe it's worth seeing just because of its nearly perfect visuals ?... Maybe.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 22nd, 2006, 2:40 pm

This is an old movie, isn't it? Like from 1991 or something?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by fani » June 26th, 2006, 3:38 am

nope, it's actually new WJ. Check out Cartoonbrew archives cause they had the link there.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 26th, 2006, 12:45 pm

Nice to see Chomet referenced there. He'd make a great Asterix film I think.