Disney Pixar Discussion

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » March 1st, 2006, 10:10 am

They're bringing back all the lost talent. Wich is awesome.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Phil » March 1st, 2006, 12:42 pm

Something odd in the Hollywood Reporter article: It mentions that Musker and Clements directed Great Mouse Detective and Hercules, but doesn't mention Little Mermaid or Aladdin. It's a strange choice...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » March 1st, 2006, 1:01 pm

Coming soon has more on this. http://comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=13392

This is the first I've heard of Snow Queen back in some form. And Sinbad? lol pretty cool projects. I love the variety in new projects for both the parks, the stage and WDFA.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 1st, 2006, 8:18 pm

Kinda interesting:

http://www.jimhillmedia.com/article.php?id=1870

Mind you, no official word has come down yet regarding what Ron-n-John's first official assignment for WDFA might be. But the current scuttlebutt is that John Lasseter and Ed Catmull allegedly asked Clements & Musker to come back so that these two could then play a key role in the revival of Disney's traditional animation unit. So that's pretty great news, don't you think?

Since he uses "allegedly" I wouldn't put too much stock in it...but OH MAN I HOPE IT'S TRUE!! :D

(Still, we should probably wait for the "offical word" :wink: )
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 2nd, 2006, 8:23 am

"Menken's current slate of projects also includes composing an original score for the stage musical adaptation of "Sister Act"...

That was from outta left field.

On Jim Hill: yep, here goes Jim again. You don't need "sources" and "insiders" to tell you that Ron 'n' John are back to do traditional features. It's why the LEFT the place for goodness sake!

And I love now that they're being built up again that they were responsible for all those films "AND Treasure Planet". Now, I loved that, but wasn't that a huge embarrasment for them and the company? Now it's all "hey great you made all those films"!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » March 2nd, 2006, 8:49 am

Ben wrote:And I love now that they're being built up again that they were responsible for all those films "AND Treasure Planet". Now, I loved that, but wasn't that a huge embarrasment for them and the company? Now it's all "hey great you made all those films"!
exactly, Treasure Planet wasn't THAT bad....

makes me wish Disney did more theatrical re-releases of their animated classics. In a dead time at the Box Office like now, a re-release of Treasure Planet, The Aristocats, Peter Pan, Pinocchio or heck any movie out of their rich library would be more welcome than crap like Big Momma's House 2 or whatever unnecassary sequel comes out this week. I know that with the dvd medium, that isn't gonna happen. But I can't help but wonder how cool that would be.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » March 2nd, 2006, 11:28 am

Watching a movie in a theater is way better than watching it at home. Most people can't see that though.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 3rd, 2006, 4:41 pm

You don't need "sources" and "insiders" to tell you that Ron 'n' John are back to do traditional features. It's why the LEFT the place for goodness sake!
\

I have friends telling me that they really want to see classical animation again, especially musicals (like Beauty and Little Mermaid, where people actually sing, not like Tarzan where it's only in the background.)
Watching a movie in a theater is way better than watching it at home.
I agree, you get that "magical" feeling! :)

They should upgrade theaters and make them more audience-friendly. Personally I think they should bring back ushers and give them the power to throw people out if they talk too much! (especially on a cell) They can give you a "warning" and if you don't follow it they can ask you to leave.
Plus a cafe would be nice, and maybe a day care for toddlers/babies if they make too much noise.... :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 3rd, 2006, 5:24 pm

Ugh, yes, ushers would be great. I think they have them in other countries...But hiring more people may mean a rise in the cost of tickets - and at the theater closest by me, they're already $8.50!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 3rd, 2006, 5:31 pm

Heavens!

$8.50 in Brit dosh is about £5. My local is already £6.75 (over $11) and to see a big film on a big screen in one of the London cinemas can be up to £14 (over $22)!!

Even without food and drink, the petrol adds another couple and there's usually two or more of us going, so see why I stay at home more?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 4th, 2006, 3:57 pm

$8.50 is high for US, but thank goodness I don't live in England.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 6th, 2006, 10:46 pm

I know Jim isn't always right but he does have an interesting article on what Joe Ranft (the Pixar story guy's) absence will mean to the company, and compares Ranft's loss to Howard Ashman's death.

http://www.jimhillmedia.com/article.php?id=1876

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kinoo » March 7th, 2006, 6:42 am

Most
Stupid
Comparaison
EVER!
[url=http://www.pixar-room.com][img]http://pixarroom.free.fr/PIXAR%20PICS/mai2007/R.jpg[/img][/url]
http://www.inbedwithkinoo.canalblog.com

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 7th, 2006, 10:18 am

GAH! The thread lives!!!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 7th, 2006, 2:52 pm

...Again!