Flushed Away
Barnyard
Open Season
Monster House
The Wild
Ice Age 2
The Ant Bully
A Scanner Darkly

I also think it's too bad that Chicken Run came out only a little bit before this category came into being...it totally would have gotten a nom, and most likely won. (The only other animated films I can think of in 2000 are Emperor's New Groove and Dinosour.)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » August 24th, 2006, 7:46 am

Yeah, I love Chicken Run. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 25th, 2006, 2:57 pm

Out of Vi's list, I'm going to discount:
Barnyard
The Wild
The Ant Bully
A Scanner Darkly
...as I don't they have serious Oscar clout.

This leaves us with:
Cars
Over the Hedge
Flushed Away
Open Season
Monster House
...which I think all have a shot, with it being a three-horse race between Cars, Over The Hedge and Monster House.

This leaves us with Ice Age 2, which may pop up due to the obscene amount of money it made, or be hindered by the fact that its a sequel in a very packed, original film year.

Just my thoughts. :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » August 25th, 2006, 3:11 pm

Everyone's Hero might also receive some serious Oscar consideration, if voters are aware of Christopher and Dana Reeve's involvement with the picture.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 26th, 2006, 1:33 pm

Open Season
Open Season looks really funny. Martin Lawrence actually makes a great cartoon character! :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » August 26th, 2006, 6:08 pm

If I see "Open Season" at all, it'll be mainly for the deer. I still think he's cute!

"Half doe, half buck; I'M A DUCK!!"

Depending on how it's recieved, "Happy Feet" may also get a nomination. But I agree with Ben on the films we can "Eliminate".

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 26th, 2006, 6:32 pm

Depending on how it's recieved, "Happy Feet" may also get a nomination.
Judging from the designs, the tired concept and the VERY tired Robin Williams schtick, I kinda doubt it...especially since he did the same thing in Robots. (or at least it seems that way.)

But then Robin is getting very good critical buzz from his new film "Man of the Year" where he plays a Jon Stewart-esque TV comedian who decides to run for president as a lark, and then actually gets elected.

He may still surprise us in "Happy Feet"--plus Penguins are hot right now, especially with the Academy! :P

(BTW Jeff Goldblum plays the villain in "Man of the Year" and is also getting good buzz. He's also starring in a Holocaust drama next year, and has his own TV show on NBC this all.
So I take back everything I said before. Sorry, Steve! :wink: )

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » August 27th, 2006, 12:50 pm

Yes, but I think that the more realistic animation style is something that's gonna work in "Happy Feet's" favor, especially since so many animated movies this year are opting for a more "Cartoony" look. Plus it's a sure-fire box office hit by all means.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 27th, 2006, 3:14 pm

I think it's so funny how Robin Williams has starred in two animated films in the last two years and yet he still won't work with Disney OR DreamWorks...(and he's the guy who practically invented celebrity voice casting.)

I wonder if he would hold the same "grudge" towards Pixar... :roll:

(I personally think Williams and Pixar is a match made in animation heaven! :wink: )

AV Team
AV Team

And the next Oscar host is...

Post by Dacey » September 8th, 2006, 6:31 pm

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=16394

Oscar night is February 25th, 2007. :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bawpcwpn » September 8th, 2006, 7:07 pm

Nice to see Dory getting into the spotlight again.
"But I'm your No. 1 Fan!"
- Buddy a.k.a Syndrome

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 9th, 2006, 12:12 pm

Is this Rosie O'Donnell The Sequel, in more ways than one?? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 10th, 2006, 2:55 pm

Wow this speaks volumes for Hollywood, letting her host the Oscars. I think being in Nemo helped to raise her profile as more family-friendly. I personally think it will be really cool to watch her host, I watched some of her one-woman comedy show on HBO and it was quite funny. :) (Wonder what she'll wear? :P)

I'd love it if Albert Brooks got to do it....maybe next year, I hope.

Personally I can't stand Rosie O'Donnell....she has like, no talent and the only role she was ever good at was Betty Rubble because it had nothing to do with her off-screen personality. She just plays herself in every movie....and she was a lousy talkshow host to boot. Then appearing on Broadway when she can't even carry a film?! When will this woman ever "get" that she just plain can't act??? :roll: :roll: :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » September 11th, 2006, 3:18 am

Man screw that. They should have Conan host.

They should have Conan host everything.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 11th, 2006, 6:15 pm

I agree! :)